The baby does not want to sleep? We take measures
The appearance of a baby in the world is the greatest miracle for his parents. But as soon as the happy family crosses the threshold of the house, it necessarily encounters all the “charms” of its new status - this is taking care of the baby and, of course, sleepless nights. The latter delivers a lot of inconvenience, and takes all the power not only from the parents, but also from the baby.
After another night without sleep, they simply dream of a magic button, through which one could quickly put a child to sleep. But, unfortunately, such buttons do not exist. And the problem needs to be solved. After a healthy full-fledged sleep is very important for the normal development and growth of the child. No wonder they say that children grow up in a dream. Therefore, it is very important to ensure all the conditions, so that the baby should get enough sleep.
The most important question that parents most often ask is - how can you quickly put your child to sleep? After all, it so happens that the baby does not want to fall asleep, is naughty, angry and does not give in to any persuasion.And the older the child becomes, the more difficult it is to put it to bed. This is especially true of daytime sleep.
For many parents, this is a whole problem. So how to be? After all, sleep is vital, and it is very important that the child sleeps well both at night and during the day? First of all, let's see why the baby does not want to go to bed during the day or at night?
Why he does not want?
- Small children are very attached to their parents, especially to their mother. The reason for protest against the sleep of a month old baby may be that during the whole pregnancy the child is accustomed to the warmth of the mother's body, and being born into the world, he is still uncomfortable in this world without mother's warmth. Therefore, as soon as the baby is alone in a cold crib, it causes fear and uncertainty in him, and he tries in every possible way to draw attention to himself, to return, back to his mother's hands.
- Very often a baby can fall asleep right during feeding, especially if he is breastfeeding. After that, the mother tries to carefully put him in the crib. Having felt this, the baby can wake up and remember this moment. Next time he will resist sleep so that her mother cannot put him in the crib.
- In addition, reluctance to sleep in an infant can be due to physiological reasons. For example, his tummy (colic) hurts or the teeth are chopped. Also, the child may be bothered by headaches due to increased intracranial pressure. In any case, if the baby has not slept for a single day, it is better to consult a doctor. It will help to find out the reason for this behavior.
- Also, the baby does not want to go to bed, if he once got scared of something lying in his crib. For example, I woke up wet and hungry, froze cold, and my mother did not respond in time to his cry. And all this time, the baby felt lonely, thinking that his mother had left him. After such stress, the child may be afraid of a repetition of such a situation, and in every way will resist sleep.
- Another common reason for a child’s failure to sleep, especially during the day, is the unused energy, i.e. the kid is simply not tired yet, and he does not want to sleep.
- Older children do not want to go to bed because of the reluctance to part with some very interesting activity, playing, painting, etc.
- Perhaps the baby is afraid of the dark, and that is why he is protesting against sleep in order not to be left alone in a dark room.
- Difficulties with putting a child to sleep most often arise among parents who have not taught their baby to the correct mode of the day, i.e. the child always goes to bed when he himself wants to, and this may be at 12 at night. Now, when parents try to make him sleep at a convenient time for them, the baby resists this in every way.
These, of course, are not all the reasons for which the children rebel against sleep, but we have tried to acquaint you with some of them a little. Each child is an individuality, which means that the reasons for such behavior as refusing to sleep, each child can have their own. The task of the parents is to find out these reasons, and to do everything so that their little ones sleep well.
To sleep well
Now let's talk about the conditions that parents should create for the comfortable sleep of their babies.
- Temperature mode. The ideal temperature in the baby’s room is 22-23ºС, and 18-20ºС is best for sleeping. Do not worry if you find that the baby may freeze. Remember yourself, because you sleep better when the room is a little cool. If you are still afraid that the baby will be cold, put him on in his pajamas, as he can throw off the blanket.
- Fresh air.Always, before putting the baby to bed, air the nursery well, as it will be uncomfortable for the baby in a stuffy room. In summer, the window can not be closed at all to ensure a constant flow of fresh air. Even at night, you can open the window for a few minutes, especially if you still get up to the little screamer.
- Calm atmosphere. When putting your baby to bed, it is best to turn off all sources of annoying sounds, be it TV, loud music, etc. Even if the child has already fallen asleep under them, he will not sleep well, since his brain will still react to these stimuli. But absolute silence is also not worth doing. Otherwise, the baby will wake up at the slightest sound. It is best if the child falls asleep to some monotonous, calm melody.
- Sleeping mode. Always stick to the same time when putting your baby to bed, whether it is a day or night sleep. In addition, the rate of sleep for each age is different. So children up to a year should sleep about 18 hours a day, 2-4 years - 16 hours, 4-8 years - 12 hours, and children aged 8-12 years - 10 hours. This refers to day and night sleep together.Preschoolers must necessarily sleep during the day. If your baby deviates a little from these norms - it is not scary. Every child is unique. But the total duration of sleep in most cases should be approximately similar to the numbers shown above.
- Re-laying. It happens that the baby wakes up and immediately begins to act up. Maybe he just didn’t get enough sleep, because something woke him up. Try to put him to bed again. After all, a well-rested child will always wake up in a good mood.
- Daily regime. Develop a daily routine for your baby so that he can effectively waste his energy. This refers to active games, walks in the fresh air, etc. But an hour before bedtime, it is better to move to more relaxed pursuits so that your crumb is not overwhelmed, otherwise it will be difficult to put it to sleep. In the evening it is better to move on to quiet games 2 hours before bedtime.
- Comfortable place to sleep. Always put your baby to bed in the same place. So the baby will be easier to tune in to sleep. Bed linen should be from natural fabrics. The pillow is better to choose from artificial materials, as downy can cause allergies.It should be of such size that it fit your baby’s head and shoulders. The blanket must match the growth of the child, and "grow" with it.
And now let's talk directly about the ways in which you can put your beloved baby to sleep.
- Sleep after feeding. If you practice breastfeeding, you probably noticed that the baby often falls asleep right in your arms. The most important thing - do not rush, with the shift the baby in his bed. Otherwise, he may wake up. It is better to wait until the baby’s sleep enters a deeper stage, when his face and body become more relaxed. And only then transfer it to another place.
- Motion sickness This is the most common and effective way, especially for the youngest children. It is possible to rock on hands, in a sling, in a cradle, etc. But, as in the previous method, you need to do this right up to the stage of deep sleep. Otherwise you have to start all over again. In addition, you need to take into account the weight of the baby. After all, not every mother will be able to hold a “crumb” weighing more than 10 kg for a long time.
- Joint dream. The advantage of this method is that you do not need to shift the child in his bed.He quietly falls asleep, having eaten plenty, and at the same time feels that his mother is always next to him. As a result, the baby sleeps healthy sound sleep. Of course, it may not be very convenient for mom to sleep in the same bed with a crumb, and the daddy suffers from this, but do not get up at night and run to the cot several times.
- Ritual. It means the regular repetition of the same actions from day to day. This method is very effective, but first you need to be patient. In order to achieve a positive result, you need to perform the same actions without breaks and weekends at the same time. This will allow the child to develop a habit, and he will quickly fall asleep. Especially this method is good when the baby is laid to sleep at night. It is at this time you can perform actions that themselves set up to sleep. For example, a child can be bathed every day at the same time, spread the bed, put on pajamas, read a favorite fairy tale or sing a lullaby. Parents can choose any sequence of actions. If you do it right, after 1-2 months, your little one will know that it’s time to sleep as soon as you start preparing for bed.
- Favorite toy.Very often, children who their mother wants to teach them to sleep on their own feel lonely in their crib, and therefore do not want to go to bed. If you present a child with some kind of soft toy that he can hug and is comfortable with him, then the very fact that this toy next to him in the crib will already be a signal for the crumbs to go to bed.
- Stroking. Many babies fall asleep much faster when their parents are close to them and gently stroke them on the back or on the head.
- Bathroom with the addition of soothing herbs. After such a procedure, the baby will definitely want to go to bed.
- Ferber Method. The essence of this method is that the baby must learn to fall asleep without the help of mom. Of course, you will have to be patient, because you can't do without tears and whims of the crumbs.
So, once you have done all the evening procedures and put the child to bed, wish him good night and leave the room. Most likely, the baby will immediately call you. Do not give in. Wait 3 minutes, and only after that, go back into the room.
Reassure the child, but do not take him in your arms, again say good night, and again leave the room.If the crumb continues to cry, wait 5 minutes already, and again try to calm him down. Next time, go out for 7 minutes. And so, until the child himself falls asleep.
Every new day, increase the waiting time by another 2 minutes. The most important conditions that parents must follow using this method are that the child must be healthy and accustomed to the correct regimen of the day.
Whichever methods and methods you use to put a child to bed, the most important thing is not to deviate from the intended path, even if you have failed the first time. After all, a child who sleeps well is a healthy child!
Care and cultivation of the camellia flower
How to beat depression
Exercises to relieve stress
New Year hairstyles for long and medium hair
Plastic Bottle Earrings
What is the right speech and how to achieve it