Ottoman Cuisine, 2015 Stuffed Peppers, healthy food Turkish food Too easy
Bulgur and Beef Stuffed Peppers
large red, yellow, orange, and/or green peppers
can chicken broth
1 1/2 c. bulgur
1 tbsp. olive oil
lean (90%) ground beef
package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 c. fresh dill
can crushed tomatoes
crumbled feta cheese
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Cut 3/4-inch slice from top of each pepper; reserve tops, including stems. Remove seeds and ribs, and cut a thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they will stand upright.
- Arrange 4 peppers and their tops (separately) on same microwave-safe plate. Cook, uncovered, in microwave on High 4 minutes. With tongs, transfer tops to paper towel. Microwave peppers 4 to 5 minutes longer or until just tender. Invert peppers onto a double thickness of paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining peppers and tops.
- In microwave-safe large bowl, combine chicken broth and bulgur. Cook, uncovered, in microwave on High 12 to 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender, but still slightly chewy, and most of broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in deep 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. Add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until onion begins to turn golden, stirring frequently. Remove 1/4 cup onion mixture and reserve. Add beef to remaining onion in skillet and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef with side of spoon. Remove skillet from heat.
- Into beef in skillet, stir bulgur, spinach, dill, 1 cup crushed tomatoes, and 3/4 cup feta. Fill peppers with bulgur mixture, using a generous cup for each; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup feta. Replace pepper tops.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wipe skillet clean. In same skillet, combine remaining crushed tomatoes, reserved onion mixture, salt, and coarsely ground black pepper; heat to boiling on medium-high, stirring occasionally.
- Divide tomato sauce evenly between two 2-quart shallow casseroles or 8" by 8" glass baking dishes. Place 4 peppers in each dish. Cover one dish with foil and bake 35 minutes or until peppers are hot.
Video: With Bulgur Stuffed Pepper
Sexy Illusions by Victorias Secret No Show Cheeky Panty
Smoky Baked Bean Medley
How to Quickly Peel a Tomato
White Chocolate Pudding
Winter Olympics: Lamoureux practiced her match-winning move for 4 years
10 Health Hacks for College Students
Fish Oil Supplement Allergies
Why are so many professors Democrats
How to Pass your Actuarial Exams
How to Act at a Girls House
Chic, Stylish, and Living With Multiple Sclerosis
Following the 6 Step Victorias Secret Angel Diet
5 Ways to Maximize Your Retirement Savings
How to Deal With Your Parents Divorce
Date: 11.12.2018, 17:13 / Views: 91481