Delicious and very useful jam from the viburnum
Jam can be not only sweet and tasty, but also very useful. Confirmation of this - a delicacy of viburnum berries, which can be prepared by any hostess. Choose a recipe, make jam and enjoy the taste while benefiting.
What is useful for a silicate jam?
Viburnum jam is very useful, and our grandmothers and great-grandmothers knew about it. In the red sour bright berries there are incredibly many valuable substances: pectins, organic acids, tannins, iron, vitamins E, A and C.
In a properly prepared jam, fresh, high-quality berries preserve almost all the useful properties, so that such a delicacy can be considered healing and have an impact in such areas as:
- Strengthening immunity. Vitamin C contributes to the improvement of the immune system, enhances the body's natural defense and significantly increases its resistance to various infections.
- Strengthening of the walls of blood vessels.All the same ascorbic acid reduces the fragility of veins, arteries and capillaries, prevents their stretching and damage.
- Stopping bleeding. Berries contribute to increase blood clotting and help stop it.
- Elimination of edema. Kalina is a proven folk remedy with a mild diuretic effect.
- Antioxidant effects. The destructive activity of free radicals is neutralized, due to which the aging and oxidation processes slow down, and the risks of malignancy of cells decrease.
- Antiseptic effect, destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and protection against infections.
- Anti-aging effect. Women will definitely appreciate it.
- Restoration of the structure of mucous membranes, skin.
- Improve digestion. Pectin, getting into the intestine, literally pushes its contents and stimulates peristalsis of the walls, relieving constipation.
For your information! Moderate use of jam will not hurt anyone, but nevertheless it is necessary to exercise caution in pregnancy, kidney diseases and excessive blood clotting. Although you should not abuse it in any way.
How to cook delicious and, importantly, useful jam from Kalina? We offer several proven methods.
Method number 1
This method is simple and involves the use of such products:
- kilogram of viburnum berries;
- one and a half glasses of water;
- One and a half kilograms of sugar.
- Separate all berries from twigs and rinse thoroughly in running water.
- Pour water into the enamelled container, add sugar.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, and the syrup boils, put all the berries in it.
- Boil the mixture for literally five to seven minutes, then turn off the heat.
- The ready-for-weight mass is spread over pre-sterilized jars, roll them up. It is advisable to store such jam with stones in the refrigerator or cellar.
Method number 2
In this way, you can make a delicious jam for the winter. Here's what it takes:
- glass of water;
- 1500 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1000 g of viburnum.
- Berry pick, remove the stems and leaves, then rinse the viburnum well.
- Next, remove the bones from the berries. For these purposes, it is convenient to use the proven "grandmother" method - a pin. Just put the edge in the pulp, grab the seed and remove it. But you can work with your hands.
- Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan, put berries in it and stew them for a minute on medium heat, and then remove them from the stove.
- Cool the viburnum and chop: rub through a sieve or puree with a blender.
- Combine the ready-made liquid viburnum puree with sugar, transfer the mixture to a thick-bottomed pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook the jam for about fifteen minutes.
- Sterilize the jars, lay on them the jam that has just been removed from the stove and roll up the containers with lids. Done!
Method number 3
The jam prepared by this method will turn out dense and saturated. The set of ingredients will be as follows:
- 1300 grams of calyx berries;
- 900 g of sugar (if desired, you can replace the powder).
- Kalina wash and in the process of washing, remove the stem.
- Spread the washed berries on a clean towel to dry them.
- Pack the viburnum in bags and send it to the freezer for two or three hours.
- Now place the frozen berries in a thick-bottomed pot, put the container on the fire and stew for about twenty minutes so that the viburnum becomes soft and start giving juice.
- Spread the berries in a colander (the juice can be left in the pan) and push it through the holes with a spoon or other kitchen appliance so that the pulp falls into the pan,and bones with skins remained.
- To the berry gruel add sugar, put the pan on the fire, after boiling, simmer the jam for seven minutes, and then in a hot kind pack on jars and roll.
Method number 4
This recipe will allow you to make fragrant and bright orange-viburnum jam. You will need the following products:
- 1.5 kilograms of viburnum berries;
- four large ripe oranges;
- 2 kilograms of sugar squeak.
- Kalina needs to be washed. Also remove the stalk and remove the bones. Next, the berries in any way puree: chop in a blender or mince. Cover the viburnum with sugar and leave for half an hour.
- While the candied berries give juice, get some oranges. They need to be thoroughly washed, preferably using a brush. Then scald the citrus with boiling water to soften the skins. Purify the fruit is not necessary, they will go to jam with skin. Now it remains only to grind oranges with a meat grinder or blender.
- Combine Kalina puree with sugar and chopped oranges. Put the mixture in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for literally three minutes,to preserve all the taste and maximum useful properties.
- Prepare the jars by sterilizing them. Covers should also be sterilized.
- Now put the jam on the jars, cover them with lids and roll them with the key.
Kalina is a bright and surprisingly useful berry, from which it is possible to cook a delicious jam. Use your favorite recipe and prepare a treat.
Fun Brooch - Giraffe
How to improve hormones
I can not focus on anything: what is the reason and how to cope with it
How to transfer files via wifi
How to sew shoes for dogs