How to Talk Like a Christian
Why choose wikiHow?
wikiHow marks an article as reader approved once we have received enough feedback to know that most readers were able to successfully complete the task. In this case, we have also received several testimonials from our readers, who told us how this article truly helped them.
How to Act Like a Christian in Any Circumstance
To those who feel they need help on how to be a Christian in all walks of life, this article will offer a much needed counterpoint to much of the stuff out there.
Love God above all else even to the point of becoming selfless--so that you can give to others.
Love others as you love yourself.That includes people you may not like or get along with. Do not hate.
Do good.Not to have a bigger treasure in heaven, but because you want to do good/right. You glorify God every time you do a good deed or perform an act of kindness, since you are one of his children.
Don't judge others.Many people have trouble with that one. Judging is for God to do, not us. As Christians, we are called to love each other, and that means leaving the judging to God. Rebuking others (preferably as compassionately as possible) is fine, but first you must do as says, and "Take the plank out of your eye before you try to remove the speck from another's eye", otherwise you will only be a hypocrite.
Read your Bible and pray every day.Just like eating and drinking to sustain your soul and body.
Keep on giving God your "ALL".That means give up your right to hate, judge or even get revenge. Set it right--if you can--but that isnotrevenge.
Tell everyone and be constantly remembering where God brought you from and what you are now.That will help you spread the word of God.
Remember Jesus died for us.
QuestionCan a Christian be friends with the opposite sex?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course! You can be friends. That's what God wants us to do, be kind to others. Just always be responsible and chaste and do the right thing.Thanks!
QuestionCan Christians have sex?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. Sex is a gift to humans from God. Only have sex with your spouse after marriage.Thanks!
QuestionDo Christians watch pornographic movies?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerChristians should NOT watch pornography. It's considered immoral at best and a sin at worst.Thanks!
QuestionOur mother is dying and another family member keeps us away. She is very hateful. What can we do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSee if you can get another family member or friend to mediate the disagreement between you and her, or try to reason with her yourself. Ask her why you are kept away, and what good will it do? You can also pray for this person, and pray for your mother. God has everything under control.Thanks!
QuestionCan a Christian have sex out of marriage?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. To have sex outside of marriage is considered a sin for Christians.Thanks!
QuestionCan Christian go to parties and dance?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, but don't do anything that would make God upset, such as sexual acts, getting drunk, taking drugs, getting into trouble, and being inappropriate.Thanks!
QuestionHow should a preacher's wife act towards her mother?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust the same any person should act towards their mother: with loyalty, respect, love, faithfulness, etc.Thanks!
QuestionCan a Christian listen to music like rock and such?Community AnswerYes. Christians are just like other people; they enjoy all types of music. They don't all sit around listening only to hymns and religious songs! Christians might not necessarily agree with all the themes of rock and pop songs, but that doesn't mean that they can't listen to these genres. There are plenty of non-offensive songs more orthodox Christians can listen to quite happily.Thanks!
QuestionAre Christians required to wear a head covering?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends on what church you belong to. Some require one, some do not.Thanks!
QuestionCan a Christian have a boyfriend?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, but this opens up a whole other debate about relationships and their limits. In shorts words, yes, Christians can date, but sexual relationships should be reserved for after marriage.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Set a good example so people can't fault you or your beliefs, or your God.
- The above steps may seem simple, or they may seem impossible. Either way, if you consider them in everything you do and follow them, and believe things said in the bible, you are a Christian. But try hard, and do good because, "Even the Demons believe, and tremble".
- Love everyone because God is love.
- Take some time out of your day to just talk to God and meditate on the Bible.
- God's plan of salvation, through Jesus Christ is the sure way to get into Heaven. If we accept Him into our hearts He will forgive our sins and we can be saved and have eternal life. The Bible is the best we have to tell us that. Read it. Reflect on it. Follow it.
- Remember - anything is possible with God, and nothing is possible without Him. Youcannot do these things yourself!Only with Gods help!
- Of course, music and other media that are specifically anti-Christian in their lyrics or content might conflict with your beliefs, so don't take it in or support them!
- You can listen to rock music that isn't obscene or violent; you can watch animation that isn't just little "David and Goliath;" you can play sports even if it isn't in a Christian League, but don't let it take over your life and remember that if you take in bad things you won't be healthy. But doing or giving-out bad results is dangerous to yourself and others, especially your soul.
- Just because there's a gun in a movie, or because someone says the f-word in a song doesn't mean you can't watch, listen and decide about them and still be asinner saved by grace! Just don't go around shooting people and shooting your mouth off about people or supporting crudeness or immorality.
- If you know in your heart that you are a follower of God and Jesus Christ, then it matters how you spend your time what are: your hobbies, interests, or recreational activities? If such activities goagainst the teachings in the Bibleas you read them (be honest, don't distort their meanings to fit what you want to do or what you want others to do) then don't do them. Killing is not Christian. Lying is not Christian. Stealing is not Christian. Adultery is not Christian.
- Do not fall victim to the idea that once we are saved, our sin nature is not there. It is. We must ask God to assist us in the daily struggle of resisting sin for us to succeed. Never let down your guard. "Put on the full armor of God, so when the day of evil comes, you can stand your ground." The devil is like a roaring lion, just waiting to devour any Christian who strays, if only for a split second.
- Do the best you can, but remember you're human; so, don't judge yourself or others harshly!
- Never say anything to, or about, another person that implies you would be happy to see them go to Hell or die. If you even think about saying that, you should ask God for forgiveness immediately, and He will give it.
- Do not be over-critical of others. Being so critical of others may alienate them from both you and your message of hope and faith. Being against sin, love the sinner.
Video: How to Act as a Christian
How to Bathe a Shih Tzu
How to remove pimples in men
WikiHow:HeraldwikiHow Welcomes Wayne State University Students
The 12 Best Body Lotions to Buy in 2019
Doctors Told Me My Uterine Cancer Was Menopause
8 Scrumptious Carrot Desserts
Vitajuwel Adore Via Water Bottle
Top 20 baby items you must have
6 Tips To Ombre Your Hair And 29 Examples
How to Use a Makeup Kit
Katie Lees Go-To Recipes For a Beyond-Easy Summer Party
How to Remove the Smell of Bleach from Your Hands
How to Make a Hat for a Dog
Have You Got What It Takes To Be An Army Girl
Date: 10.12.2018, 00:30 / Views: 44484