How to cook unusual white kvass?
Summer is coming, which means that very soon everyone will start to drink their favorite drink - kvass. If you want to try something new and unusual, be sure to cook white kvass.
What is this drink?
White kvass, in fact, is similar to ordinary rye, which for many is more familiar. But if for the preparation of the latter rye black bread or fermented malt is used, white kvass is prepared on the basis of unfermented malt.
As a result, the finished drink has a more delicate taste and a lesser degree of oxidation, so even people suffering from diseases of the digestive system can use it. White kvass perfectly tones and quenches thirst, and is also used to prepare some cold dishes, such as botvini or okroshka.
How to cook?
How to cook white kvass at home? We offer several options.
To prepare white kvass for this recipe, you will need:
- 3 liters of boiled water;
- half a glass of buckwheat flour;
- a glass of ground unfermented rye malt;
- 10 or 15 raisins;
- tablespoon of wheat flour;
- half a teaspoon of yeast.
- First you need to prepare the starter, because it is she who will start the fermentation process. To do this, just stir the wheat flour well with half a glass of warm water and add the yeast. Take the container with this liquid to a warm place and wait. The first bubbles that appear will signal the start of fermentation, that is, the readiness of the starter.
- Add malt and buckwheat flour with a liter of freshly boiled water, mix everything well and leave to cool. When the temperature drops to 37-38 degrees (it's easiest to check it with your finger), add leaven and raisins (you don’t need to wash it, it is also necessary for fermentation). Once again, stir everything and cover the container with a towel, removing it in a warm place for a day.
- After a day, add the rest a little heated water, mix everything and again remove the container for two days in a warm place.
- Try brew. If it is ready, pour it through gauze or cloth into bottles and put it in the refrigerator.The remaining sediment can be used to prepare new portions of the drink.
This is a recipe for more fresh and interesting kvass. To make it, prepare the following ingredients:
- 300 grams of rye flour;
- three liters of water;
- about a hundred grams of light honey;
- 100 grams of yeast rye bread;
- 50 grams of raisins;
- several bunches of mint.
- Cook the sourdough. For this, pour the bread with warm water and put it in a warm place. When the liquid starts to bubble, the leaven can be used. It is important to take yeast bread, because yeast is needed for fermentation.
- Boil water and dissolve rye flour in it. No lumps should not remain, so you need to stir everything carefully. Also at this stage you should add mint leaves and honey.
- When the composition cools down to about 35-38 degrees, you can add leaven and raisins. Capacity loosely cover (you can use cloth) and send in a warm place for 1.5 or 2 days.
- If kvass is ready, on the surface you will notice a rather rich foam. If not, leave the drink to wander for another day.
- Strain the kvass, bottled or canned and sent to the fridge.
This tasty kvass is more piquant and has an unusual taste and a bright aroma, as it is used for making wine sourdough.
Prepare the following ingredients:
- half a glass of rye flour;
- two tablespoons of buckwheat flour;
- three tablespoons of unfermented malt;
- 20 raisins;
- three liters of water.
For the yeast:
- three tablespoons of sugar;
- 40-50 grams of raisins;
- 100 ml of water.
- The first stage is the preparation of the leaven. Pour the raisins into a small plastic bottle and add sugar. Fill the ingredients with water at room temperature. Close the bottle neck with a piece of cotton, remove the container to a warm place for three or four days. If the yeast is ready, you will notice numerous bubbles.
- Then you can proceed to the preparation of the kvass itself. Mix the rye flour with buckwheat, and add the malt. Fill this mixture with water, boiling it beforehand (at this stage only a third of the total volume is required). Mix the mixture with a mixer or a whisk, as there should be no lumps.
- Now the liquid must be cooled to approximately 36 -38 degrees. To check the temperature, put a clean finger in the composition.If you do not feel anything, feel free to proceed to the next step.
- Add one or two tablespoons of sourdough as well as raisins.
- Cover the tank with a towel so that it completely closes the neck, and put it in a warm place for a day.
- After a day on the surface of the future kvass appears barely noticeable foam. Add another third of the water and again send the container to heat for a day.
- Top up the rest of the water and again remove the tank to a warm place.
- After a day, rate the drink. If its surface is covered with foam, it is ready. If there is no foam, leave the brew for another day.
- Strain the finished drink, pour and store in the refrigerator.
How to store and use?
Ready kvass is stored in the refrigerator for no more than three or four days. It can be used to quench thirst or to prepare okroshki, for example. But it is not recommended to drink more than two glasses a day.
Be sure to cook kvass and treat them to your loved ones!
Cake from plasticine
How to turn a boring wall into a fashionable brick
Cindy Crawford has released a collection of jeans
Why does the stomach hurt
Embroidered lids for jars of jam
Turquoise wedding anniversary