How to Create Subsections on wikiHow
Why choose wikiHow?
wikiHow marks an article as reader approved once we have received enough feedback to know that most readers were able to successfully complete the task. In this case, we have also received several testimonials from our readers, who told us how this article truly helped them.
How to Divide a wikiHow Article into Subsections
Sometimes a wikiHow article needs multiple sections to describe different parts of a task, or to offer different methods that the reader can choose to complete it. This tutorial will show you how to make that happen.
Click on the "Switch to Advanced Editing" link.You will be asked if you're sure you want to navigate away from the page, press OK.
Write your section headers.Underneath the == Steps == section header, subsections can be made by putting three equal signs (followed by one space) on each side, like this:
- === Sample Heading ===
- Try to use a simple but descriptive header; for example: === Making Chocolate Cupcakes with Cocoa === or === Getting Started ===.
- Note that each method/part usually begins with a gerund (a verb ending in "ing"), such as "using" or "mixing". This is because sections are read as "This section is about Mixingthe Dough".
Decide on "Part" or "Method" for your section header.If the article you're editing has more than one section, you'll want to specify whether the section is a "Method" or a "Part." Use Methods when reading only one section allows the reader to accomplish their goal; use Parts when reading all the sections is necessary to accomplish the goal.
- To make the article display each header as a Method, put the magic word __METHOD__ at the very bottom of the article. (This is also the default, if there's no magic word used.)
- To make the article display each header as a Part, put the magic word __PART__ at the very bottom of the article.
- You will need to press the underscore button twice in order for it to work.
Publish your article when you're done.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Press the "Preview" button to make sure it looks the way you want it to before publishing it.
- Don't edit or get rid of the == Steps == section header. If it's not formatted properly, a few things break: The "How to" in the title will disappear, and any videos inserted will go in the wrong section of the article.
Video: How to Bullet Journal
43 Pounds Lost: Noelia Blogged Her Way to a Healthy Mindset
How to Clean Polished Aluminum
6 Tips To Ombre Your Hair And 29 Examples
Fashionable DIY High-Waist Distressed Denim Shorts
Explore Your PMDD Treatment Options
Men’s Hairstyles For Oval Faces
How to Do Highlights on Short Hair
How to Convert Knots to Miles Per Hour
Donald Trump Won. Read Those 3 Words Again
Street Style Star Aimee Song Shares Her Iconic Must-Haves
10 Hairstyles for Short Hair : Cute Easy Haircut
Date: 12.12.2018, 14:59 / Views: 75552