How to get tested for hormones?
For the timely detection of diseases and their prevention - it is necessary to donate blood for the analysis of hormones. A hormonal test will help identify diabetes, a source of obesity or infertility, as well as learn about other disorders in the body. How to get tested for hormones - our article will tell.
Preparation for analysis
- It is advisable to donate blood in the morning.
- Follow the deadlines for taking the analysis and recommendations given by your doctor.
- Blood is given on an empty stomach: not earlier than 8-12 hours after a meal, but not later, since too long a fast will adversely affect the results. On the eve, avoid the food load on the body: use foods that are easily digested. Liquids are also excluded (tea, coffee, juice). Pure water is allowed, but in small quantities and a few hours before analysis. On the eve exclude the use of sugar-containing products.
- When there is an urgent need for testing for hormones, blood is taken at any time of the day, regardless of the meal.
- Women should take a blood test for 5-7 days from the beginning of the cycle, unless otherwise instructed by the attending physician.
- A blood test for hormones must be taken in a healthy state of the body. If there is a temperature on the background of infectious diseases (tonsillitis, acute respiratory infections, SARS, flu), then the analysis should be postponed.
- A day before blood donation it is necessary to eliminate physical exertion, including sex, give up alcohol and smoking.
- Before analysis can not be nervous and feel stress.
- Overcooling or overheating can also affect the results of the analysis. Therefore, before donating blood, refrain from visiting the bath or a long walk through the winter forest.
- If you are taking any drugs, then, if possible, you must cancel the course a week before you donate blood. If this is not possible, then you should consult with your doctor. It is especially important not to take drugs that contain iodine and hormones before donating blood, since the results and, accordingly, the diagnosis will be distorted.
- The result of the analysis may be affected by the physiotherapy performed the day before. In this case, you should postpone blood donation for a couple of days.The same applies to other medical procedures.
- When issuing a referral for a blood test, warn the doctor about the presence of disease.
- Come to the clinic in advance of a designated time. It is recommended to sit quietly for 10 minutes before taking blood.
When to be tested for hormones
The day you take blood depends on which hormone you are examined for.
Female sex hormones
- Testosterone. The analysis is scheduled for 6-7 days from the start of the menstrual cycle.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). The analysis is assigned to 3-8 or 19-21 days from the beginning of the cycle.
- Progesterone. It is recommended to donate blood for analysis in the second half of the cycle. With a regular cycle, the doctor will prescribe the day of blood donation 7 days before the next menstrual period. If the cycle is irregular, the analysis will be assigned several times.
- Estrogen. Blood should be donated for 3-5 days from the onset of menstruation. The doctor may prescribe a second analysis on the 20th day.
- Chorionic gonadotropin (CG). The analysis is prescribed for 3-5 days of delayed menstruation.
- Prolactin. Analysis is allowed to take any day. An additional condition for delivery is to exclude sweets and breast massage for a couple of days.
Male sex hormones
Men can donate blood for hormone analysis on any given day. This is due to the fact that they do not have hormonal jumps in the body. It is necessary to follow the general rules when giving blood for hormones and refrain from drinking and smoking for a couple of days before the test.
Both women and men can pass this analysis absolutely on any given day, following general rules.
Hormone test results
The attending physician not only analyzes your blood and diagnoses, but also prescribes treatment. In cases where there are changes in hormonal parameters, it is necessary to bring them back to normal and get rid of the source of violations.
If you have the opportunity, it is recommended to take a blood test for hormones again. This will help to eliminate the error in the results, as well as ensure the normal state of the body or, conversely, the presence of a problem. Also, due to the inconstancy of the hormonal level, the second test will help to accurately determine whether there was an erroneous result at the first blood donation or not.
Country house with their own hands: projects of frame houses photo
Moschino accused of drug propaganda
How to choose a steam cleaner
10 of the most interesting Turkish TV series for women
Soup with dumplings in Persian
Long hair: haircuts, styling, wedding and evening hairstyles