How to handle a newborn?
In order for a newborn baby to feel good, it is necessary to properly care for it. The basic rules of care should be known to all young mommies, because your baby’s appetite and mood depend on it. Treatment of the skin of the newborn is a mandatory daily procedure. It is performed several times a day, as a rule, after each toilet, evening or morning bathing, and also after changing the diaper. In this article, let's take a closer look at how to properly handle the newborn immediately after returning from the hospital.
This is a mandatory procedure that is recommended every day after your baby wakes up. Before you treat a newborn, you need to prepare in advance everything you need for the procedure, so that later you don’t leave the baby alone. It is necessary to undress the baby and fully examine it. A daily examination will help to detect any external changes in a child in a timely manner and tell your pediatrician about this in time.
- Eyes - it is necessary to start the morning toilet with rubbing the eyes and face with a wet swab dipped in boiled water. Eyes are washed individually with two sterile swabs from the outer edge in the direction of the bridge of nose. To wipe the face is recommended to use another swab.
- Folds - further special lotions or baby wipes are processed cervical, axillary and inguinal folds. If these funds are not at hand, then you can perform the procedure with a conventional cotton swab and boiled water.
- Nose - should be cleaned with prepared cotton flagella made of sterile cotton wool. They put Vaseline oil on them, then gently rotate around the axis in the nasal passages.
- Ears - also should be wiped with cotton flagella, only dry. It is not recommended to use solid sticks and cotton wool wound on matches, since they can damage the delicate mucosa of your child.
- Mouth - a healthy oral cavity is usually not treated, just enough to inspect it. To do this, gently press the chin with your fingers and gently pull it down. Clean, pink and wet mucous says, oh there, the baby is healthy.Whitish plaque - indicates the presence of thrush, as well as the need to consult a doctor.
- When you spend your morning toilet, remember that your baby has very delicate and sensitive skin and that is why any hygiene measures must be carried out very carefully and carefully to avoid any damage.
Treatment of the genitals
- From the very first days, the baby’s genitals need special, thorough hygiene. In this section, we will discuss how to handle the genitals of the newborn. Before one year, the genitals should be washed after each change of the diaper. The procedure is carried out with boiled water, not lower than 37? С.
- The main purpose of the treatment of the genitals is to remove feces and urine from the baby’s skin. As a supplement, it is also recommended to wipe the genitals with a moist sanitary napkin. Before using wipes, you must make sure that your child does not have allergic reactions to chemicals that are part of them.
- The washing process is recommended to be carried out with light movements from front to back. There are slight differences in the care of the boys and how to handle the newborn girl.For girls, this recommendation is especially important, because it is this direction of movement that helps avoid microbes in the vagina and develop various infections.
- In boys, it is important to ensure that when washing does not move the foreskin of the penis and the head is not exposed. Only in some cases, the tendency to rashes and infections requires regular treatment with warm water and baby oil with a careful removal of the baby's foreskin.
- After washing, wipe the baby dry, and then cover with a towel. When putting on a diaper, make sure that the skin of the perineum is completely dry. Otherwise, the created favorable environment can lead to inflammatory processes and the formation of infections.
- Dry skin can be lubricated with softening baby cosmetics and held in fresh air before putting on a diaper or diaper. An important rule that will provide comfort to the baby is the timely replacement of diapers, namely, at least 7-8 times a day.
Processing the folds of the newborn
Folds on the arms, legs and neck of an infant usually require careful care.Many mommies ask themselves the question: how to handle the folds of a newborn so that they do not have diaper rash?
- For this procedure, it is usually sufficient to have a standard baby cream, which if desired, can be replaced with vegetable oil or petroleum jelly and baby powder. Skin prone to drying out, as well as contacting with the edge of the diaper should be regularly lubricated with baby cream. Applied a thin layer of cream, perfectly helps to moisturize and soften delicate baby skin.
- It is recommended to use dried powder on those parts of the baby’s body that are sweating heavily. As a rule, this is the gluteal skin folds, inguinal and axillary.
- When processing folds, it is necessary to use only proven and high-quality cosmetics. This procedure should be carried out very carefully and gently, trying to avoid any sudden movements.
- And yet, so that all of the above procedures do not give the baby anxiety, be sure to talk with your child during them and smile at him. Only in this way your actions will bring mutual joy to you and your baby.
How sports became the most fashionable amusement of our generation
How to respond to compliments
Beauty recipes: how to strengthen hair at home
Box for eggs
How to develop resistance to stress in children