How to open wine without a corkscrew
Wine is an ideal drink for hen parties and female-to-heart conversations, as it creates a friendly atmosphere and tunes in a frank way. Therefore, almost every lady knows how to open a wine bottle with a corkscrew. What if there were not any nearby? A screw plug that can be opened with a slight movement of your hand can help out. However, if the cork is of the classical type, then in this case it is necessary to resort to some improvised means.
Ways to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew
There are more than 60 non-standard methods to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew. We will analyze the most effective of them.
With screwdriver, screw and pliers
One of the most effective ways of opening will require a screw or medium-sized screw, screwdriver and pliers. If everything is available, you can open the wine in 2-3 minutes.
- The screw is carefully and evenly screwed into the center of the cork with a screwdriver.
- At the second stage it is necessary to wrap the pliers with a screw and pull it together with the stopper, as shown in the picture.The bottle at the same time need to hold tight.
Attention! If the cork is old, then this method of opening will not work. Self-tapping it will simply crumble and break. Pliers can be replaced with a nail puller, pliers or even two pencils.
Push the cork inside the bottle
A very common way to open a wine without a corkscrew girl–just push the cork inside the bottle. In order to use it, you need to take an elongated object in the form of a cylinder or close to it: a marker, a mascara, a stiletto heel, the back side of a spoon, a knife or fork, etc.
- The selected item must be installed in the center of the cork.
- Tap on it until a positive outcome.
Interesting fact! Push the plug is possible even with your thumb. In this case, it is important to keep it as flat as possible without bending in the phalanges in order to avoid injuries.
Knock out the cork
You can get rid of a cork without a corkscrew simply by knocking it out. This method is especially effective if the bottle has a concave bottom.
- The bottle of wine must be turned upside down and wrapped several times with a thick cloth.
- Sit on a chair and firmly hold the bottle between the knees.
- Methodically slapping the palm along the bottom until the cork is released at least by half.
If there is not enough force for such a procedure, then you can tap the base of the bottle on the wall, having previously inserted a thick book or towel to soften the blow.
Attention! To open the wine in this way, you need to maintain utmost care and accuracy, because any careless movement or too strong a blow can break the glass.
Open the bottle, creating an increased pressure inside
If there was no corkscrew at hand, but there is a hand pump for a bicycle or a ball, then you can safely use this method to open the wine.
- To do this, you need to pierce the cork in the center with a needle.
- And then slowly pump air into the bottle.
- Under air pressure, the cork will smoothly start to exit.
The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise the glass can not withstand the increased pressure and explode.
Using a knife
You can successfully open the wine without a corkscrew, using a knife. For this it is better that the blade was thin and serrated. Also fit and plug. The manipulations that need to be done will be very similar to those with a corkscrew.
- The knife is placed with the blade in the center of the plug and pressed in as deep as possible, as shown in the figure.
- Rotate it out of the bottle.
Sometimes with this procedure, the cork can be accidentally cracked and crumbled. In this case, the wine will need to be filtered.
With nails and hammer
This method resembles the first one, with the difference that instead of a screw nails are used, and instead of a screwdriver and pliers - a hammer, nail puller or fork. If all the tools are available, then you can proceed to action.
- Using a hammer, gently drive 3-4 nails into the cork exactly in a row, as shown in the figure.
- Using a nail puller, pull out the entire row at once with the cork and thereby open the wine.
Attention! Extreme care must be exercised throughout the process. For example, a glass bottle of wine can not withstand the blow of a hammer with a slip.
Open the cork with clips
Instead of a corkscrew, you can use an ordinary clip.
- To do this, from a paper clip (or simply a rigid wire) you need to do something like a hook and gently push it in between the neck and the cork.
- Next, we hook up the last one and start pulling it towards us.
If one clip seems insufficient, you can make two hooks and push them from different edges of the neck. To facilitate the process of drawing will help a simple pencil, which is fixed on top like a pen.
Pull the cork with a cord
There is a method involving the use of an awl and a durable lace instead of a corkscrew. It is effective, although not without flaws in the form of crumbs of wood in wine.
- With the help of sewing, pierce the cork through the center.
- Tie a small but strong knot at the end of the lace.
- Using an awl, drag the cord inside the cork to the end.
- Pull the cord and make sure the knot is securely fastened.
- Open a bottle of wine.
Clearly the algorithm is shown in the figure.
With a drill
If there is no spin in the house, but there is a power drill, then the process of opening a bottle of wine can be made particularly spectacular. Flying crumbs in different directions, and with an unsuccessful outcome and splinters of glass, will make a real show from the process worthy of applause.
- Securely fix the bottle of wine.
- Take a drill with a medium size drill with both hands and carefully drill the plug to the bottom.
- Pull out the cork.
Attention! This method of opening the bottle is the most unsafe, so it is not recommended to use it.
By heating the neck of the bottle
Remove the plug quickly and effectively without a spin is helped by the option with heating the neck.
- Put the inverted bottle in a pot of water.
- To do this, you need to gradually heat the inverted bottle of wine on the stove.
Important! Heating is necessarily gradual, since a bottle placed immediately in hot water may explode.
Another variation of this method is the use of a lighter or gas torch. In this case, only the place where the stopper ends, as shown in the photograph, is heated. In a few minutes she will come out.
On a note! The main drawback of heating is a warm wine in the end, which will have to be further cooled before consumption.
One of the most unusual ways to open a wine without a corkscrew is the boot option. A big plus of the method is that it can be used everywhere: at home, outdoors and outdoors.
- Remove from the feet or just take shoes on a flat, hard sole. Suitable shoe, sneaker or boots.
- Place a bottle of wine inside the bottom of the heel.
- Approximately 10 blows with a heel on a solid vertical surface: wall, wood, pole, etc.
- After the cork is half out, you can pick it up and pull it out manually.
Strike off the neck
A dangerous, but quick and easy way to open a wine without a corkscrew is to get rid of the cork along with the neck.
- To use it, a bottle is wrapped in a towel.
- And hit the neck of the edge of the table, iron utensils or baths.
If one hit was not enough, the procedure can be repeated.
Attention! The danger lies not only in the possibility of cutting, but also in the fact that small pieces of glass can get into the wine. Therefore, the broken neck must be immediately washed by pouring a part of the drink into the sink (10-15% of the contents of the bottle).
How to wear the most popular trends this fall
How to choose the perfect laptop bag
Learning to sing beautifully and from the heart
A list of films worthy of an Oscar nomination, but not received
Faberlic the best cosmetics in the world
Good habits to help you lose weight