How to rinse your mouth with oil?
Natural vegetable oils are very useful, therefore they have received wide application in non-traditional medicine. There are many different ways to use them, and one of the most "young" and unusual is mouthwash. Learn to carry out such procedures correctly in order to improve your health.
The history and essence of the method
Oils are an integral part of Ayurvedic teaching, and rinsing with such a product also came to Europe from these practices, and India is considered the birthplace of the method. Dozens of centuries ago in those places the procedure began to be actively applied for the purpose of cleansing the oral cavity. Adherents of the teachings believed that most toxins and bacteria are concentrated in the oral cavity, so you need to act on it, and oil in this case is the best weapon, since it is endowed with a mass of useful properties.
In Ayurveda, two main rinses are known:
- Gandusha. This practice involves filling the mouth with a large amount of oil and keeping it for a certain period of time. Further the product is spat out.
- Kavala GrahaThis technique is somewhat different from the first, since a moderate amount of oil is needed in the mouth. It should be held for three minutes, then the larynx rinses, and only then the product is removed. This method allows you to work not only on the oral cavity, but also on the pharynx.
In the modern world, another practice developed at the end of the last century by a follower of the ayurvedic teachings, F. Karach, is widespread, and it is this method that is used in most cases. The method has received the fashionable name "oil pulling", which translates literally as "pulling, pushing with oil." That is, the procedure is aimed primarily at detoxification and, accordingly, cleansing the entire body.
An interesting fact: many celebrities are turning to Ayurvedic practices today. And rinsing the mouth with oil has already managed to appreciate the well-known actress Gwyneth Paltrow, who spoke about the positive effects of the procedures in an interview.
How does this work?
What is good for rinsing the mouth with oil? This procedure allows you to achieve the following effects:
- Most natural vegetable oils have an anti-inflammatory effect, which will come in handy for diseases of the oral cavity, gums and tongue, such as stomatitis, periodontitis, gingivitis.A gargle can help with tonsillitis, including chronic.
- Oil attracts toxins to itself and naturally removes them from the body. Most of the toxins are concentrated in the gastrointestinal tract, and its beginning is the oral cavity, so its regular rinsing with oil will help to achieve a detoxification effect and clean not only the digestive organs, but also the entire body.
- Procedures have antibacterial and antifungal effects. The fact is that almost all pathogenic microorganisms have a dense lipid membrane membrane. The oil, which is also almost entirely composed of lipids (fats), attracts membranes and, thus, the fungi and bacteria that inhabit the oral cavity enter bacteria in a kind of trap and leave your body.
- Strengthening the gums and teeth, respectively. In oils, many useful substances that feed soft tissue. They penetrate into them and contribute to strengthening, which prevents the loss of teeth.
- Oils strengthen tooth enamel and gradually remove the plaque present on it. As a result, the teeth become more healthy and white, which is confirmed by many people who have tried the technique.
- Eliminates bad breath, the main cause of which is the increased activity of the pathogenic microorganisms that live in the cavity.
We select the appropriate oil
Which oil is suitable for rinsing procedures? It is obligatory natural and best of all obtained by cold pressing, in which most of the useful substances are preserved. You can use a variety of oils, and among them are especially nutritious and have amazing properties, for example, coconut, which has become common for many olive, mustard, grape, sesame, flax and even regular sunflower.
Some experts recommend adding a few drops of essential, for example, tea tree, clove, lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, bergamot, orange and some others to the natural vegetable oil before the procedure. Such products will enhance the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects and will give the product a pleasant aroma, which will pass into the oral cavity.
Tip: it is advisable to use unrefined oils. They possess more saturated and pronounced taste and aromatic qualities and contain much more useful components, rather than refined.
How to carry out the procedure?
Mouthwash oil has several rules and features. Consider the most basic:
- Time. Rinse should be carried out in the morning on an empty stomach and better before brushing your teeth. It is during this period that the highest concentration of pathogenic microorganisms in the mouth, so that the effect will be maximum.
- The amount of oil. A single dose should be comfortable for you, so the optimal amount is one or two tablespoons of the product. If a larger amount is retained in the oral cavity for a long period of time, an emetic reflex or discomfort may occur, which will make the procedure extremely unpleasant and negate the entire positive effect.
- The duration of the procedure. It can reach 20 minutes, but it should begin with a minimum duration of five minutes. Gradually increase the duration, bringing it up to ten minutes first, and then to twenty.
- Actions. You can move the oil in your mouth or just keep it still. Before the end of the procedure, it is allowed to rinse the throat with oil. Further the product is spat out. Then thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm water and start brushing your teeth.
- Regularity.Conduct procedures should be daily, only in this case will be able to achieve positive results.
Tip: before applying the oil can be slightly heated under running hot water or in a water bath to activate the nutrients and ensure their better penetration into the tissues.
Is that rinsing bad?
Properly conducted rinsing can not cause harm, because the oil does not enter the body, if it is not swallowed. Contraindications include only possible individual hypersensitivity to the product, as well as allergic reactions. But a preliminary consultation with a doctor in any case would be superfluous.
Use the oil wisely and strengthen your health!
How can you become the most desirable and sexual
Helen Mirren reincarnated in the Russian Empress
8 pairs of shoes that will save a boring wardrobe
How to weave a bauble from floss threads
Simple, but reliable cache
Mittens with jacquard pattern
Shining skin, arrows and other trends of make-up of spring-2018
Moschino accused of drug propaganda