How to remove one from Windows?
If you have two or more operating systems installed on your personal computer (on different partitions of the hard drive), you can always remove one of them, as well as adjust the characteristics so that when you turn on the PC, the menu for selecting the desired system is not displayed.
In order to remove one of the operating systems, you need to go through several steps:
- Check the hard drive and available OS.
- Uninstall the OS.
- Format the hard drive.
Check your hard drive and operating system
Before you start formatting the disk and remove one of Windows, you need to make sure that you have chosen the correct operating system and that the OS with which you continue to work will start up normally. To this end, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Go to the "Start", enter in the search box "PC Management" and select the appropriate item.
- Click "Disk Management" (a list of available hard drives with sections will open).
- Make sure that the partition that you are going to delete is not currently active (do not forget that uninstalling the active partition will cause the system to stop running).
- To delete an OS that is on the active partition, you must specify that the partition with the OS that you plan to leave is active. Make it easy. Simply click the right mouse button on the corresponding section and select the item “Make the partition active”.
Uninstalling the OS from the selection menu during PC startup
To uninstall the OS, do the following:
- Click "Start", type in the search box "System Configuration" and select the appropriate item.
- Open the "Download" tab.
- Select the OS you are about to delete and click the appropriate button.
- Confirm your actions and click "OK".
It should be noted that if the OS you plan to leave is not marked as bootable by default, then you need to select it in the offered list and confirm your actions by clicking “Use by default”.
Understanding how to remove one windows 7, note that when you uninstall the OS that contained the master boot record, in the new section you will have to re-create it.
Formatting hard drive
This action will free up space on the hard drive.To do this, after the reboot is completed, start the session in the OS, which is saved, and perform the following actions:
- Double-click on the “Computer” icon located on the desktop.
- Right-click on the disk where the uninstalled OS was located.
- Select "Format".
- Click "Start."
After a moment, the user will see a warning message that he is starting to format the hard disk. If he does everything right, the disk containing the old Windows system will be completely empty.
Thus, the user can quickly remove an unnecessary operating system. There should be no particular problems. It is important to just be careful not to delete too much and not to format the section where valuable information is located.
Burnt Wood Cutting Board
How to wear emerald
What is the wife different from mistress