How to treat tonsils in adults and children - drug treatment and popular advice
Glands (tonsils) - a protective barrier against infection in the body through the nasopharynx. Bacteria "dormant", quietly living in the body, but as soon as the tonsils give slack, bacteria become the worst enemies and ruthlessly attack the lymphoid tissue (of which tonsils consist), where inflammation soon develops. Then it is necessary to treat the tonsils using folk and medical methods.
Symptoms of gland disease
The first thing you need to pay attention, feeling, as if in the throat, tickling and tearing. Tickling gradually turns into pain, which is noticeable when swallowing. The tonsils become red and grow in size, sometimes so large that there is difficulty breathing. Feeling aching all over the body, general malaise, the temperature rises to 39 degrees. When considering tonsils, you can see purulent plaque yellowish white.When pressing on the tonsils, there is a painful sensation.
The disease is manifested by another symptom - a hoarse voice. There are cases that the voice disappears completely due to inflammation of the tonsils, which are noticeably swollen and increased in size, which interferes with the closure of the vocal cords. If you do not begin intensive treatment of angina, acute laryngitis is formed, accompanied by severe coughing attacks.
An easy form of the disease can be cured without using serious medications. Sometimes, it is enough to drink tea with honey or raspberries, gargle with a decoction of chamomile or sage. The remaining forms require more radical treatment.
Types of disease
Doctors distinguish several types of angina:
Catarrhal tonsillitis superficially affects the tonsils. There is dryness and perspiration in the mouth, you are constantly thirsty. There comes a general malaise, pain in the joints, muscles, head. The main symptom is a sore throat, which manifests itself only when swallowing, and then becomes strong and constant. A sore throat usually lasts 3-5 days, then the inflammation passes or passes into another stage.
Lacunar angina is manifested by a sharp rise in temperature up to 39 degrees, severe chills and general malaise. Patients complain of severe sore throat, accompanied by abundant salivation. In children, causes vomiting reflex.
The follicular sore throat is characterized by the defeat of the glands (tonsils). It begins with a sharp rise in temperature and severe sore throat. One feels aches all over the body, pains in muscles, joints and a severe headache. Glands very swollen with suppuration of yellowish-white color. Often, inflammation captures not only the tonsils, but all parts of the nasopharynx, larynx, and even the root of the tongue.
Phlegmonous sore throat is one of the most severe forms of the disease. In some cases it appears after the transfer of scarlet fever and diphtheria. The disease is manifested by a strong and constant pain in the throat, hoarseness of the voice, a sharp increase in temperature up to 40 degrees. Salivation increases, accompanied by an unpleasant odor from the mouth, sleep and appetite are lost, lymph nodes increase, glands become inflamed.
Drug treatment of glands
Angina is one of the hardest ailments,which even in adults can give a side effect in the form of complications on the heart, kidneys, joints. Treatment at home should be taken very seriously.
Treatment of glands with medicines is prescribed on the form and severity of the disease.Independently use antibiotics can not, they can prescribe only a doctor!They are prescribed in severe form, for example, follicular, phlegmonous or lacunar angina. In most cases, the causative agents of the virus are streptococci. Antibiotics selected appropriate: Ampiox, Ampicillin, Oxacillin, Cephalosporin. The full course of treatment is determined by the doctor.
Do not stop taking antibiotics at the first signs of recovery, the causative agent of the virus will simply stop responding to the medicine and will start an “attack” with a new force. The treatment will be significantly delayed. Reception of antipyretic, according to doctors, is possible at temperatures above 39 degrees, if there is no individual intolerance to elevated temperature.
Antipyretic create a visible success of recovery, a person gets out of bed, begins to walk around the apartment, goes to work. Such an approach to treatment will cause serious complications.
Video treatment of chronic tonsillitis
In the treatment of acute and chronic forms of angina, drugs are used to strengthen the immune system: Timogen, Vilozen, Immunofan. Medication treatment includes not only anti-inflammatory drugs, but also fortifying, recipes of traditional medicine or homeopathy. Surgical intervention and removal of the glands is resorted to in an extreme situation where conservative treatment does not produce results and the threat of serious complications arises.
In combination with medical treatment, rinsing is necessary, which, by rinsing the glands, reduces the number of pathogenic bacteria. For rinsing, you can use a solution of boric acid (1 tsp of acid per cup of water), hydrogen peroxide solution in the same proportions, a solution of furaceline (2 tablets per half cup of water). Gargle as often as possible.
Known tablets for sucking Faringosept and Gramidin. Rather effective means, characterized by a strong bactericidal action. Acceptance of these drugs will significantly accelerate recovery. Pharyngocept can be taken without special restrictions, but it is not recommended to be treated independently.Drug treatment should be prescribed by a doctor; it is he who will select an individual and effective treatment for angina and glands. A number of products contain sucrose, so people with high blood sugar will not go. This is another argument that consultation with a doctor is necessary.
How to treat tonsils using folk methods
Before talking about the recipes of traditional medicine, you should pay attention to nutrition. It is almost impossible to swallow solid food, it is better to eat broths, soups, steam cutlets in the early days of the disease. It is worth refusing from sweet, hot and spiced dishes. Food should be warm so as not to irritate the throat.
- If the throat is sore, the tonsils are inflamed, a sore throat has started, it is good to chew a slice of lemon with a peel. After about an hour you can not eat anything. Essential oils secreted by the peel, affect the mucous throat. Do this procedure every 3 hours.
- An effective remedy for severe pain in the throat is propolis. Recommend a piece to put on the cheek at night or to prepare a solution of propolis tincture (1 tsp. 1 tbsp. Of water). Propolis quickly helps if it is of good quality, which causes a burning sensation in the mouth and numbness of the tongue.
- An indispensable tool in the treatment of glands - rinsing time-tested decoction of herbs. Broths help to wash the back of the pharynx well, remove pus and mucus, and disinfect the oral cavity and glands.
Recipes healing decoctions
- Eucalyptus leaves (20 g), calendula (15 g), sage (15 g), chamomile (10 g), elecampane roots (10 g), licorice roots (10 g), wild rosemary and linden flowers (10 g each). Ingredients mix, take 1 tbsp. collection, brew in a glass of boiling water and stand for an hour. Rinse throats as often as possible, at least 5-6 times a day.
- Althea root (20 g), calamus root (10 g), chamomile (20 g), sweet clover (20 g) and flaxseed (30 g). As in the first recipe, 1 tbsp. collection pour a glass of boiling water, insist hour, gargle about 6 times a day.
- Sage, tutsan, elderberry flowers and oak bark (all 25 g), mix well. Take 1 tbsp. and pour a glass of boiling water, leave for an hour. Gargle at least 6 times a day.
- To a glass of warm water take 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp soda, stir well, until the salt is completely dissolved, add 5 drops of iodine. Means well removes pain, cleans the tonsils from pus, relieves inflammation. Only not everyone can withstand rinsing, the product is not pleasant.
- Iodine is a good helper in the treatment of glands.Significantly reduce the tonsils and permanently forget about angina will help Iodinol. On the handle of a tablespoon to wind the bandage, it is good to moisten in a solution of Iodinol and fluff the tonsils. The procedure is completely painless, but not quite pleasant. So do two weeks a few times a day.
- Mild gargling, which relieves pain - the juice of half a lemon and a glass of warm water. Squeeze the juice into a glass of water, stir and gargle as often as possible. Before each rinse make a new composition.
- As can be smaller chop 1 beet, add 1 tbsp. vinegar and wait until the composition is thoroughly impregnated, then wring out and use when rinsing.
- From clover flowers to prepare the infusion. It will take 2 tbsp. flowers, which pour a glass of boiling water. Insist an hour and strain. Drink 50 ml up to four times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
- Infusion of elecampane treats inflammation of the glands well. Two tablespoons of finely chopped roots elecampane pour a glass of boiling water and leave for an hour. Take the drug 100 ml at least 3 times a day before eating.
- Decoction of pine buds used in the treatment of glands.One tablespoon of pine buds pour a glass of boiling water for 40 minutes to keep the composition in a water bath. The contents of the glass divided into 3 equal portions and drink during the day. Every day, prepare a new decoction.
- From fresh and well-washed leaves of the mother and stepmother squeeze 2-3 tbsp. juice, the same amount of onion juice and red wine. All mix, drink 1 tbsp. at least 3 times a day.
- Crush 4 cloves of garlic, mix with dry sage leaves (2 tablespoons), pour in a liter of boiling water, hold for 15 minutes in a water bath. Strain broth, drink 50 ml up to 4 times per day.
- Honey mixed with aloe juice, 1: 1 ratio. Drink immediately after waking up to 1 tsp. 10 days.
How to behave during a sore throat
The first condition that must be strictly followed is compliance with the regime. The first days of the disease to spend in bed. More fluid to drink, sore throat is accompanied by increased body temperature. Juices and water will do, but a compote of dried fruit is better, warm tea with honey or raspberries.
If angina is fungal, the treatment is quite long, especially a course of antibiotics. It is necessary to take drugs that stabilize the intestinal microflora. Sometimes a sore throat is accompanied by allergic components, so the doctor recommends taking antihistamines.
Do not rush to bring down the temperature if it is below 38.5 degrees. Most viruses die due to high fever. In a number of cases, even the unqualified execution of all the doctor's instructions do not give the desired effect, then they are treated in the hospital, under constant supervision of medical personnel.
Video tips on removal of the glands
Regardless of the degree of the disease, it is impossible to start treatment on your own, in any case. It is better to carry out prophylaxis to prevent the disease of the glands. For prevention, it is recommended to dilute 1 tsp into a glass of cold water. salt and gargle. The same composition is washed nasopharynx. The procedure is carried out in the morning. Health and blessings!
Paper model of the tank Mk.VIII Cromvell
Top 10 Unusual Facts About Japan
How to crochet a hat
Gluten free in cereals
6 main makeup trends of spring 2016
What is honeysuckle and how is it useful?