How is ordinary raisins useful?
Dried fruits are very healthy and tasty. This is a great snack that will give a charge of vivacity. For example, raisins are a real storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. And why is it useful? And how best to use it?
What is a raisin, and how is it?
Raisins are essentially dried grapes. But not every grape can become raisins, certain varieties are selected that contain at least 20% of sugars, and also have fleshy flesh and thin skin. If the skin is thick, or the grapes will contain too much juice, then good raisins from it just will not work.
How to get raisins? Grapes are dried, it is logical. But how exactly do this? Earlier, when nothing was known about food technology and some tricks of cooking certain dishes, the grapes were simply laid out in the sun and dried in the open air.
In some countries they do it still, but special climatic conditions are needed, since in the absence of constant sunshine the grapes can rot, as is the case with too much humidity.But on an industrial scale, harvesting is done by several other methods.
First, the fruits sorted out, cleaned of debris. Drying is still performed, but before this process, the grapes are treated with special formulations and solutions to improve its qualities and appearance.
So, some immerse grapes in alkaline composition, others immerse it in hot soda solution, others, as before, do not process the fruit. Then the grapes are laid out on trays, which are dried in the sun or in special dryers. Cooking can take from several days to a month.
There are a great many varieties of grapes, among them such as Jumbo, Malayar, Soyagi, Golden, Afghan and many others.
There are several categories:
- Light without stones. For its preparation, sweet white or green seedless grapes are used. Merchants of this sort are called “Sabza”.
- Dark pitted. This raisin is considered the most useful, for its production using blue or black grapes. It is usually sweet and a little dry. Call it "bidana."
- Light olive raisins of medium size, most often with a single bone.
- Fleshy and very large raisins, it tastes pleasant and sweet. For the preparation of used grape variety "ladies fingers."
The first two varieties are considered ideal for making desserts. Especially delicious is baking. The third grade is added to meat dishes and pilaf, and compotes are also cooked from it. The fourth variety is almost universal due to its qualities.
The composition of raisins is very rich. It includes: proteins, carbohydrates, fats, ash, dietary fiber, vitamins B2, B1, PP, A, C, B6, K, B5, as well as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron, magnesium, calcium, chlorine, selenium, zinc, copper, manganese. Calories here are about 300 per 100 grams of product.
We list the useful properties of raisins:
- Magnesium is an assistant to the nervous system. It normalizes its work and allows you to cope with stress and avoid their undesirable consequences. So if you are often nervous, be sure to eat raisins.
- Potassium strengthens the heart muscle and normalizes the contractile activity of the heart, which has a positive effect on the work of the entire cardiovascular system as a whole.
- With anemia, the use of raisins will also come in handy, because there is iron in the composition.
- Carbohydrates are necessary for obtaining energy, which is required for the normal operation of the whole organism.
- With a tendency to constipation, it is also worth eating raisins, because it contains dietary fibers that stimulate intestinal motility.
- This dried fruit is recommended for exhaustion, in the recovery period after serious diseases, as well as for rehabilitation after operations.
- Raisins have a mild diuretic effect, due to which they can remove excess fluid from the body. By the way, edema is the first step to increase pressure, so this dried fruit can be called a means of preventing hypertension.
- It is believed that raisins are a wonderful male aphrodisiac. It contains arginine, which is necessary for potency and normal erection.
- For the respiratory system, this dried fruit is also useful, it is often used to treat cough.
- This is a wonderful tool for strengthening immunity and giving vitality.
- Antioxidants that are present in the composition, help the body to fight the negative effects of free radicals, which provoke the growth of malignant cells and trigger the aging process, damaging the cells.
Is raisins harmful? It is worth noting that there are some contraindications to its use:
- Obesity (raisins have a lot of calories).
- Diabetes mellitus (this dried fruit contains many sugars that are dangerous in this disease).
- Duodenal ulcer and stomach in the period of exacerbation.
- Tuberculosis (in open form).
- Individual intolerance.
Do not abuse, because raisins are quite heavy food. If you eat it a lot, your digestion may be disturbed.
Also remember that raisin allergies may occur, so watch out for the reaction.
How to choose and how to store?
How to choose raisins? Pay attention to the following points:
- Colour. Usually it is homogeneous, but it can turn into lighter or darker shades. Good frosted raisins.
- Smell. It should be nice.
- Feel the raisins. It should be pretty tough, but not too much. Excessive softness is not permissible.
- There should be no stains on the surface.
- Mold or dust also cannot be present on the surface.
- All fruits must be whole. If they are crushed or broken, refuse to buy.
It is best to store raisins in a closed container in a cool place.In the refrigerator, it can lie for six months, but at room temperature for no more than a month (and also necessarily in a jar or in a container).
How to make a raisin yourself?
If suitable grapes (sweet and fleshy) grow in your garden, try making raisins from them.
- First, pick the fruit, remove the legs.
- Now you need to prepare them for further drying. To do this, you can dip the grapes for a few seconds in boiling soda solution (one teaspoon of soda per liter of water). This will remove the plaque.
- Then you can simply decompose the grapes in the sun and turn it every 2 days. But you can do it differently. First, you can use a special dryer. It raisins dry about 6-12 hours at a temperature of 60 degrees. Secondly, you can think about the oven. Heat it to 70 degrees, put a baking tray with grapes there, open the door a little and wait. Turn the raisins over if necessary.
How to use?
- Raisins are added to pastries, as well as meat dishes, cereals, rice and so on. This dried fruit gives a pleasant aroma and taste. By the way, to make the raisin softer, you can put it in warm water for half an hour.
- Boil stewed fruit with raisins.
- Eat raisins as a snack. But do not overdo it!
- Medicines are prepared from such a dried fruit, for example, decoctions and infusions.
Choose a healthy raisin and enjoy its taste!
How to make red candles
21 ways how cheap to make your bathroom cozy
Endless Teacher's Day Card
Thread and Button
Iodine is an indispensable element for our body
What is the right speech and how to achieve it
Traditional English Bow
Tell me Yes Or six ways to get a person to agree with you