The beneficial properties of peanuts
Peanuts are a popular and loved by many product. But, using it, not everyone thinks about the benefits. Find out all the properties of peanuts and start eating them correctly.
What is peanuts?
Many people still think that peanuts are one of the varieties of nuts, but it is not. He belongs to the family of legumes. But from many of their "relatives" peanuts differ in their growth characteristics. Firstly, the fruits are enclosed in cocoon-like shells, secondly, during the entire ripening period they are underground, which gave the product a different name - peanut.
Peanuts began to grow the indigenous population of South America, but then it was introduced by the Spanish conquerors and to European countries, from which it fell into Africa, North America. Today, peanuts are popular and grown in Indonesia, Nigeria, Burma, China and the United States.
The composition of the peanut includes such nutrients: proteins, carbohydrates, omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, fats, natural sugars, ash, fiber, organic acids, glutenins, selenium, copper, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, iron, calcium , vitamins PP, E, group B.
The calorie content of raw peanuts is about 550 kcal, and fried contains about 610 kilocalories.
What is useful peanuts for the human body? We list its main properties:
- Peanut is a source of protein of plant origin, which is well absorbed by the body, provides nourishment to muscle tissue and is used to form new cells. Peanuts can become a worthy substitute for meat, and this is used by vegetarians.
- The composition includes natural antioxidants, which can neutralize the dangerous activity of free radicals. Thus, the product slows down the aging processes of tissues and stops their oxidation, and also prevents cell mutation and their malignancy.
- Peanuts - a source of complex carbohydrates, which the body spends on the production of the necessary energy for full functioning. Even a small handful of groundnuts can relieve hunger and give a charge of vivacity.
- The product is useful for men, because the selenium contained in it increases the potency, and also improves the quality of sperm and ensures the viability of spermatozoa.
- The product has an anti-inflammatory effect due to the zinc contained in it.
- For women, peanuts are also useful, because it includes vitamin E, which has many useful properties. Firstly, it normalizes hormonal background, secondly, it increases the chances of successful conception and, thirdly, it is called the vitamin of youth, as it improves the condition of nails, skin and hair.
- Peanuts, provided regular and moderate consumption can normalize the functioning of the cardiovascular system and reduce the likelihood of developing diseases such as ischemia, heart attack, heart failure, atherosclerosis.
- Ground nut is able to normalize the processes of hematopoiesis and improve the composition of blood.
- The composition contains vitamins of group B, and they are involved in many metabolic processes and ensure the smooth functioning of the nervous system: they contribute to the conduction of nerve impulses, improve sleep, protect nerve cells from destruction.
- Such a product will help to accelerate recovery after intense mental or physical exertion, as well as suffered severe illnesses.
- The components contained here ensure the timely regeneration of damaged tissues.
- Peanut enhances brain activity, improves mental activity, has a beneficial effect on logical thinking, concentration, memory.
- Since it contains calcium, groundnut can be considered useful for nails, bones and hair.
In what cases can it hurt?
Peanut damage is possible with the abuse of such a product. The optimal daily rate is about 40-50 grams for adults and about 20-30 grams for children. Dyspeptic disorders such as nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting are possible with abuse. Do not eat raw peanuts, and salted can cause fluid retention and edema. And the product is very high in calories.
Listing contraindications, it is worth noting the tendency to allergies, since peanuts are considered one of the strongest allergens. Forbidden product and individual hypersensitivity. It is not recommended to give it to children under the age of seven, as it is rather difficult, especially for the immature gastrointestinal tract. Be careful with diseases of the digestive system.
How to choose?
To enjoy the taste and benefits of peanuts, you need to be able to choose it. It is sold raw in shell or without it, and also fried (salt is sometimes added). Nuts should have a medium size and light beige tint. The smell should be pleasant, not rancid and not putrid. Check the packaging to make sure it is tight. And purchase the product in large stores or in the official markets.
Peanuts are widely used in cooking: it is added to soups, hot dishes, salads, desserts, pastries. Roasted peanuts can be eaten separately as a snack. Peanut butter and butter are prepared from the product, which, by the way, is no less nutritious than sunflower.
Peanuts can be used for preventive and curative purposes. Here are a few recipes:
- With ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, you can grind three tablespoons of nuclei to a powder, dilute with warm water and drink on an empty stomach at least half an hour before breakfast. And you can divide the entire volume into three parts and drink one at a time before each meal.
- For prophylactic purposes, it is sufficient to simply eat peanuts daily, but in acceptable amounts.You can eat a handful instead of a snack or add peanuts to porridge, yogurt, or another dish.
- The peanut peel is also useful, and it is possible to prepare an immunomodulating agent from it. To do this, pour a tablespoon of such raw material with 70 ml of vodka or alcohol diluted with water, close the mixture tightly and remove for two weeks in a cool and dark place. Then strain the liquid and take three to five drops three times a day, preferably dissolved in milk or washed down with it.
Eat peanuts regularly, but in moderation, not only to enjoy its taste, but also to extract the maximum benefit and improve your health.
How to make a rose from paper
Review of the best moisturizing eye drops
How to remove air from a can
Suddenly a good idea to use old CDs in the kitchen
Monkey - a symbol of 2016 do it yourself