The best recipes for lamb in the oven. Lamb in foil and in the sleeve
Lamb is the fourth largest calorie meat. Lamb fat is easily absorbed by the stomach, without creating loads. The meat of lamb or milk lamb is indispensable in the diet, as it contains lecithin in sufficient quantities, which normalizes the exchange of cholesterol in the body. Properly cooked lamb in the oven has an excellent taste and utility.
- baked in foil
The lamb is chosen a light red color, with white and elastic fat, is not cooked for a long time, so it loses an incredible flavor, it becomes hard and dry. Recipes depend on the traditions in cooking. In the East, cooked with dates or apricots, Mediterranean dishes contain olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, wine. In the northern regions prefer lamb with potatoes, flavored with thyme or marjoram. Taste fat beat off mint sauce on vinegar. From alcoholic beverages suitable red wine.
How to determine the quality of meat
The first thing to look for is color and intermuscular fat. The lighter the piece (light red or pinkish), the younger and fresher the meat. Maroon-brown color indicates that the meat of an old animal and it is unlikely that it will turn out a tender and tasty dish. Fatty white talk about freshness. If the fat is yellowish and loose, it is better not to buy such meat.
High quality lamb elastic to the touch and elastic. If you smell it, there should be no staleness or rottenness. The denser the structure, the older the animal. If you buy dairy lamb (up to 8 weeks) or a young lamb (up to 3 months), note that usually lambs are born from January to March.
Sometimes in shops they sell the thawed mutton, which they give out for fresh. Such meat is easy to determine, checking for elasticity, pushing on the piece. If the dimple is not leveled, and the surface has become bright red, it is thawed. Secondary freezing and improper defrosting leads to loss of taste and nutritional qualities.
Mutton rustic in Slovak
The elegance of rustic lamb lies in the fact that the products are practically not mixed and are served to the table whole.
- 1 kg of mutton;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l. vinegar (3%);
- 1 tbsp. l.fat (if meat is lean);
- 6 pieces of potatoes;
- 500 g broccoli;
- salt, seasoning, greens - to taste;
- fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Broccoli to disassemble on the inflorescence, rinse well.
- Boil water in a saucepan, throw cabbage there. Boil 10 minutes under the lid closed, then drain in a colander.
- Mash lamb garlic, sprinkle with salt, put in a pan, greased with fat.
- Bake in the oven at medium temperature until lightly browned. Then reduce the temperature and continue cooking, periodically pouring the released juice. If the juice is small, pour in some water.
- You can determine the readiness with a toothpick, chop a piece of lamb.
The finished dish is cut into small portions, spread out nicely on a plate, watered with the juice obtained during frying, lightly sprinkle with thyme or thyme. Lamb impose broccoli cabbage, cucumbers and tomatoes, sprinkle with herbs. Who does not like cabbage, you can replace the potatoes, only the caloric content of this will increase.
Lamb leg baked in foil
Lamb leg pre-marinated overnight in a mixture of garlic, rosemary, mustard, lemon zest, honey.
- leg of lamb (2 - 2.5 kg);
- 4 tbsp. l. honey;
- 2 tbsp. l. fresh rosemary;
- 2 tbsp. l. not burning mustard;
- for 1 tsp. lemon rind, black pepper, sea salt (coarse);
- 3 cloves of garlic (pre-chop).
- Mustard mixed with honey, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, black pepper.
- Wipe the leg well and leave it overnight in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Heat the oven to 230 degrees. Salt and put your foot on the roaster (grid), the fat will drain into the pan, set below.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 200 degrees and hold in the oven for about an hour.
- If the meat burns, put a foil on top.
- Put a baking tray with juice on the stove, add half a glass of water, as much red wine.
- Gravy thicken with a small amount of starch, which is diluted in cold water.
- Heat on the stove, stirring constantly, serve to meat.
Before you start cutting, it is better to let stand for about 10 minutes. Cut the lamb beautifully put on a dish, serve with vegetables (fresh tomatoes and cucumbers) and gravy.
Leg of lamb up
The recipe is very simple, you do not need to constantly stand by the stove and make sure that lamb is not burnt. After 2 hours you get a very tasty and full dinner for the whole family.
- leg of lamb;
- 8 pieces large potatoes;
- 4 things. medium carrots;
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, thyme, mint;
- salt, black pepper, seasoning - to taste.
- Rinse leg well rinse under running water, dry with a paper towel.
- Grate on each side with spices (do not salt), leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- At this time, cook vegetables: peel potatoes, cut them in half, carrots - into 4 pieces. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper, mix, put in a sleeve, adding rosemary, thyme and mint. Salt the lamb, put it in a sleeve on the vegetables, clamp the edges of the sleeve.
- The sleeve is placed on a baking sheet and placed in a preheated oven, roasted for an hour and a half at 180 degrees.
- After the time has elapsed, get a baking sheet, carefully cut the sleeve, put the meat and vegetables on a dish and serve.
There is nothing difficult to prepare a dish. Lamb is also prepared simply as a rabbit.
Recipe for baked bacon
Brisket is cut into portions, rolled in sauce and baked.
- brisket with mutton;
- 3 pcs. eggs;
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs for breading;
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut the loin into equal pieces. In a bowl, mix the Worcester sauce with the eggs, dip each piece into the mixture and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Grease a baking sheet and lay the pieces. Heat the oven to 190 degrees, bake for 20 minutes on each side. Serve with fresh vegetables.
Worcester sauce (the favorite sauce of the British) to cook at home in general is possible, however, to achieve identity will not work. It is better to look ready in stores.
Delicious Georgian recipe with vegetables
Lamb cooked according to this recipe turns out to be spicy, and vegetables are baked in juice and served for a side dish.
- leg of lamb - about 2.5 kg;
- 1 eggplant;
- 700 grams of potatoes;
- 3 large cloves of garlic (cut large);
- 1 large onion - cut into thin rings;
- 0.5 kg tomato;
- 1 tbsp. l. finely chopped greens;
- salt, pepper, spices - to taste;
- ½ cup red wine.
- Nashig gargle leg, rub with salt and pepper, put in an oven heated to 220 degrees, leave for an hour.
- At this time, cut the eggplant into pieces and salt to release the juice, after drying with a paper towel, cut the potatoes.
- About an hour after baking, drain the fat in a baking sheet, put the vegetables in there, salt and pepper, add the oregano, pour the wine.
- Lamb leg and vegetables to bake about another hour, stir the vegetables from time to time so that they are well soaked in juice.
Serve with chopped tomatoes or pasta.
Roasted garlic and rosemary
A perfect recipe for the holidays. The dish on the table looks festive and appetizing. Food is an excellent candidate for the New Year menu.
- leg of lamb - about 2 kg;
- 1 lemon;
- 2 tsp. dry mustard;
- 2 tsp. crushed rosemary;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Rinse the leg of lamb under running water, make cuts with a knife, nashpigovat garlic. It is advisable to distribute the garlic evenly so that the meat is well saturated with aroma and taste.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, mix with salt, pepper, rosemary, mustard. The composition rubbed his leg, wrapped in a food film, left in the refrigerator for the night. If there is no time, two hours are enough.
- Put the pickled lamb in a greased baking foil.
- Bake in several stages: first at a temperature of 205 degrees 20 minutes, then reduce to 180 degrees and bake for 70 minutes.
- Remove the cooked meat from the oven, cover with foil, wait 15 minutes, cut into small slices and serve. You can shift the meat with fresh tomatoes and sweet peppers.
How to cook quads
The recipe is considered a delicacy, and if you cook with rhubarb sauce, add red wine and rosemary, you can feel the French notes, because it is in France who like to make lamb chops.
- 2 pcs. lamb chops (ribs with stone);
- 1 glass of red wine;
- 100 g brown sugar;
- 200 g rhubarb;
- 4 things. shallot;
- 2 tbsp. l. olive oil;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- sprig of rosemary;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Rinse thoroughly, pat dry with paper towel. Pour oil into a frying pan, add garlic, rosemary. As the aroma of spices goes, put the quads.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Fry the meat in a roasting dish and send it to a preheated oven for 200 minutes for 25 minutes.
- While preparing the square, prepare the sauce.
- Pour sugar into the pan, pour half a glass of water, put on medium heat and wait until it disperses (caramelization occurs). After pouring in the wine, cut the shallot onion.
- Remove the pan from the wine when it is almost half evaporated. In a pan, where the lamb roasted, fry the onion.
- Once the onions are soft, add rhubarb, fry for another 2 minutes, pour in the sauce. Reduce heat and continue to boil down to the required consistency.
- Remove the finished lamb from the oven, cut it into pieces and serve, seasoned with sauce.
Fresh vegetables and red wine will suit the square.
I reviewed 7 simple and tasty recipes for roasting lamb in the oven.
How to remove one from Windows
Uterine fibroids and pregnancy
How do mother-in-law and mother-in-law influence family relationships?
Top 10 films that everyone is waiting for in 2015
Gas pedal and brake pedal, find out your excitation mechanism
Makeup that is young for 30 years: the example of Julianne Moore
Wall insulation with polystyrene foam