What is manuka honey?
Honey is loved and enjoyed by many, but few know that some of its varieties are so useful that they can replace medicines. So, incredibly valuable and useful is the honey of Manuka.
What it is?
Honey Manuka is the honey produced by the bees of New Zealand. But the value of the product is explained by the fact that the bees collect nectar from the flowers of a unique manuka shrub (tea tree), which is famous for its healing properties all over the world. This is a purely floral monocomponent honey.
Honey contained in the hive is subjected to a special natural treatment, which prolongs the shelf life of the product. Bees produce the enzyme glucose oxidase, which then under certain conditions (when interacting with biological fluids) is converted to hydrogen peroxide.
One of the main components of honey is hydrogen peroxide, which ensures the activity of the product. But it also contains methylglyoxal. It is this component that explains the properties of manuka honey. This substance is contained in other varieties of honey, but in much smaller quantities.
The tea tree itself (Manuka shrub) is unique and has amazing properties.Nectar of flowers of this plant is especially useful. And bees collecting nectar contribute and make the product even more valuable. That is why the beneficial properties of manuka honey are so diverse and numerous:
- The first thing to mention is the antibacterial effect, which is provided by the activity of such a substance as methyl glyoxal. This component is effective against a variety of different bacteria, but it is worth mentioning the golden staphylococcus, which lives in the body of almost every person and is sometimes so tenacious that they simply can not be exterminated. But methylglyoxal penetrates the affected cells and removes (evaporates) all the liquid from them. And because of dehydration staphylococcus just die. The cells are then regenerated, and the fluid balance is restored.
- There is also an anti-inflammatory effect that allows using the product in a wide variety of diseases of the nasopharynx, upper respiratory tract, skin, digestive organs, musculoskeletal system and other organs and systems.
- Since honey manuka has regenerative and wound healing properties, it is widely used for various skin lesions, as well as frostbite and burns.
- The antioxidants included in the product neutralize the activity of free radicals and thus protect against cancer and premature aging.
- Manuka honey allows you to rid the body of harmful cholesterol, so the product can be called an effective means of preventing cancer.
- This unique product is also active against fungi, therefore it can be used for a wide variety of fungal infections of mucous membranes and skin.
- Honey Manuka is an effective natural antiseptic that prevents infection of wounds.
- Many people use the product for gastritis and gastric or duodenal ulcers.
- Honey is effective for stomach upset and poisoning.
- Antiviral properties of the product make it effective in cold and flu.
- Honey is very useful for the skin, as it moisturizes it, provides good nutrition, eliminates inflammation, and also protects against ultraviolet radiation and the negative influence of the environment.
- This is a great tonic and stimulating the immune system.
Honey Manuka is an absolutely natural and safe product. But do not give it to children under the age of 3 years.In addition, honey can trigger the development of allergic reactions. Do not abuse diabetes.
How to apply?
How to treat with honey Manuka? Nothing is complicated in this. It is best to simply eat the product daily. The maximum daily dose should not exceed three teaspoons.
A few important points:
- Remember that such a product as honey does not like and does not tolerate heating, because when the thermal effect of its properties change, and some of them are lost. So do not add honey to hot tea, as is customary to do. You can dilute a small amount of the product in a cool tea or in plain water.
- Any honey over time begins to sugar and thicken, it is natural and normal. And such a product is as useful as a liquid.
Features and methods of use:
- If you have a sore throat, put a small amount of honey of manuka (0.5-1 teaspoon) into your mouth and slowly dissolve it until it dissolves completely.
- For skin lesions and various wounds, it is better to use special sterile surgical honey (it is also commercially available). Simply apply a small amount on a damaged surface regularly until complete recovery.
- To improve the condition of the skin, lubricate it with honey or add this component to your own masks.
Where can I buy?
Where to buy manuka honey? It is sometimes difficult to do this, but still possible. First, you can go to a large pharmacy and look for such a product there. Secondly, you can buy honey Manuka via the Internet.
But remember that any manufacturer of such honey must be licensed, so request it from the seller to protect yourself from fakes.
Each bank will have its own unique number, as well as excise. The price of manuka honey is about 30-50 dollars per 500 grams.
How to choose?
Manuka honey is different. Pay attention to UMF (unique manuka factor). The higher its value, the more useful the product (it will cost more). Some indicate the content of MGO (methylglyoxal), it should also not be low.
Finally, reviews of manuka honey:
- “I bought manuka honey and did not regret it. My daughter got sick with ARVI, immediately started to treat her with honey, and literally in a day her condition improved noticeably. I was treated myself. I have chronic tonsillitis due to staphylococcus, purulent plugs on the tonsils appear regularly.But the use of honey has reduced the frequency of traffic jams. I am pleased".
- “My adult daughter spilled boiling water on her hand, the burn did not heal. She began to lubricate his honey with Manuka and literally cured the wound in just a few days, although at first she did not believe in honey. Now the whole family uses this miracle remedy for any skin lesions. ”
Be sure to try the manuka honey!
You have already seen the Christmas tree dummy. Here are 9 best images
A simple do-it-yourself desk
Modern online carpet shop
Soft starter for power tools