Why are our feet cold?
If your legs are cold, you are probably just cold. But if this happens all the time and even in the warm season, then there is something wrong. And with what it can be connected? And how to deal with such a problem?
If you freeze when it is cold, it is quite normal and explainable. But constant freezing is no longer the norm. Most often, the cold is felt in the limbs, that is, in the legs and arms. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle and work at a computer, then most likely, your feet will freeze.
If you walk a lot, but do not move your hands much, the cold will be felt in your hands. Unpleasant sensations can occur indoors and outdoors, and even in hot weather.
Why is this happening?
Why are hands and feet cold? In general, it is associated with blood circulation. It is the blood that supplies all tissues with everything necessary and ensures the normal functioning of all systems and organs.
For example, in winter we freeze, because under the influence of cold our vessels narrow, and the blood supply to the limbs is broken (after all, the limbs from the heart, which is the main pump and pumps blood, are furthest away), and they begin to freeze.But why is this happening in the summer? Here are some possible reasons:
- Vegetative vascular dystonia. This is a condition characterized by the disruption of the central nervous system, due to which many organs and systems of the body, including the cardiovascular system, suffer. In this case, there may be a spasm of blood vessels, due to which the blood supply to the limbs will be disrupted. Many people with such a problem often have frozen hands and feet.
- Iron-deficiency anemia. In this case, the level of hemoglobin is significantly reduced, and it is hemoglobin that is responsible for the transportation of oxygen along with blood. Along with the freezing of the limbs with anemia, there will be some other symptoms: dizziness, weakness, pallor, chronic fatigue and some others.
- Raynaud's syndrome occurs less frequently, only in 3-5% of the world's population. With this disease, the arterial blood circulation in the extremities is disturbed. Most often the hands are affected, but sometimes the feet are also affected. Due to insufficient blood supply, there is coldness in the arms and legs, tingling, blanching and subsequent reddening of the fingers and toes, impaired mobility.The disease is paroxysmal, so that the symptoms usually occur after stress or hypothermia.
- Individual features of the structure of the body. For example, often limbs freeze in tall thin people with long legs and arms and a narrow pelvis. The fact is that in this case, the blood sometimes just does not have time to reach the arms and legs, because the volume of the heart of such people is somewhat smaller. And the skinny have practically no fat layer, which usually performs the warming function.
- Some diseases of the cardiovascular system. If the vessels or the heart do not work properly, then the blood circulation and blood supply will be disturbed, which will cause coldness in the limbs. In this case, especially obvious symptoms will be at night, because during the day we are still moving, and this helps to accelerate blood circulation. At night, the heart beats less frequently, and the blood through the vessels moves more slowly.
- The cause of freezing of the extremities may be a local circulatory disturbance, which occurs with such illnesses as thrombophlebitis or varicose veins. The vascular walls become inflamed, the lumen of the vessels narrows and, accordingly, the blood circulation is disturbed.But since varicose veins and thrombophlebitis most often affect the legs, the feeling of cooling will arise in them.
- Changes in blood pressure levels, with both lowering and increasing. Under reduced pressure, the blood moves slowly due to reduced vascular tone, and with elevated vessels, on the contrary, are in tension, due to which their lumens narrow, and a spasm occurs. In both cases, limbs may freeze.
- When hypothyroidism (a decrease in thyroid function), metabolic disturbances are observed, for example, heat exchange and energy metabolism. In such people, even in summer, the legs and arms are cold and cold.
- Harmful habits can also lead to such an unpleasant symptom. Thus, alcohol does not adversely affect blood circulation, but nicotine causes a spasm of blood vessels.
- Sometimes the cause of freezing limbs are parasites. It would seem, what is the connection here? But the fact is that pathogenic microorganisms secrete toxins that can accumulate in the blood and have a negative effect on the vessels and various systems of the body.
- Stress can also cause vasospasm and adversely affect the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Acceptance of some drugs.
How to get rid of the problem?
What to do if limbs are frozen? First you need to find the cause of this problem and fix it.
And a few helpful tips:
- Get rid of bad habits. Stop smoking and do not abuse alcohol.
- Try to keep active and move more. Check with your doctor and find a suitable sport. Positively affect circulation, for example, swimming, aerobics. Daily morning exercises are required.
- Massage will help improve blood circulation and blood supply to the limbs. You can pinch hands and feet, rub them, pat. If desired, purchase a massager and use it. Perform such procedures regularly, and you will notice changes soon.
- Eat spicy condiments (ginger, pepper, curry), they improve blood circulation and disperse blood.
- If your feet are very cold, warm them. The heat will relieve the spasm of the vessels, and soon the limbs will warm up.
- Always dress according to the weather.
- Try to be less nervous and avoid stressful situations. If this is not possible, learn to control your emotions and, on the advice of a doctor, take sedatives, preferably on a plant-based basis.
- To improve the tone of blood vessels and improve their work will help contrast shower. First turn on the hot water, then cool. Gradually reduce the temperature of the water and increase its exposure time.
- At night, you can make hot baths for legs and hands. To enhance the effect, you can use essential oils (for example, cinnamon or cloves).
- Useful ibmirnye teas and infusions. To make an infusion, pour a teaspoon of ground ginger with a glass of boiling water and leave for an hour, then strain and take in the morning and in the evening (2-3 hours before sleep) half a glass.
- Do alcohol compresses.
- Folk remedy: take a table boat of sea salt, ½ teaspoon of ground pepper and a tablespoon of mustard powder and pour all this 500 ml of vodka. Infuse liquid for a week, and then wipe her feet and palms daily for the night.
Country house with their own hands: projects of frame houses photo
Shining skin, arrows and other trends of make-up of spring-2018
Oops Britney Spears could not sing to James Corden in karaoke
Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz posted photos without makeup
What if the husband went to another
What you need to know about balloon flights