Yarrow - benefit, harm, traditional medicine
Yarrow is a widespread weed with a unique set of healing properties. In the people it is called a tree, bloodshed, guljavica. The topic of conversation will be yarrow - useful properties and contraindications.
Contrary to the name of the plant a small number of lanceolate leaves, which are strongly dissected. The underside of the leaves is covered with oil glands, the contents of which have a pronounced pleasant smell.
White or pink flowers of the plant form baskets, combined into a massive corymbose inflorescence. Yarrow fruit is a silver-gray seed, having an oblong shape. The period of ripening is in September.
Medicinal plant common in Eurasia. On Russian territory it grows everywhere, except for the Arctic deserts. You can meet the plant on the shore of a reservoir, forest edge, on the side of the road or forest meadow.
In herbal medicine was used as a flower, and the tips of the yarrow. Raw materials are dried under a canopy, spread out on a five-centimeter layer on paper. When industrial preparation of raw materials make bales. Dry yarrow grass is stored for 2 years, and inflorescences are stored for 5 years.
Useful and healing properties of yarrow
There are more than a hundred species of weed growing on the planet, but in medicine the yarrow is used mainly. This is due to the high concentration of substances that contribute to the improvement of the body. Incredible useful and medicinal properties of the plant is due to the composition, rich in important components. It includes:
- Tannins. Provide a bactericidal effect and are indispensable for inflammatory processes.
- Carotene. Once in the blood, carotene accelerates the production of vitamin A, which has a beneficial effect on the growth rate, tissue repair, and strengthening of the nail plates and hair.
- Alkaloids. Indispensable for treating people with poor blood clotting.
- Silicon. Thanks to this substance, yarrow has antiseptic properties, the ability to heal burns, wounds and cuts.
- Vitamin "K".Strengthens the walls of blood vessels and increases blood clotting. Vitamin A makes grass incredibly effective for bleeding.
- Ascorbic acid. Strengthens the immune system, so that the body is much easier to conduct an independent fight against diseases.
- Resins. They help the body fight microbes and give the grass a distinct aroma.
Yarrow was widely used in modern medicine. The plant helps to cope with the following pathologies:
- Bleeding. Due to the unique composition of the herb strengthens the capillaries and blood vessels, increases the rate of blood clotting. The therapeutic effect is not accompanied by the formation of blood clots.
- Colitis, gastritis, ulcers. The plant normalizes the acidity of the stomach, activates metabolism, improves digestion and increases appetite.
- Liver diseases. The substances contained in the yarrow help cleanse the bile ducts and improve the waste of bile.
- Skin disorders. The grass strengthens the skin, accelerates wound healing, helps with boils and abscesses.
- Women Health. The plant normalizes microflora, enhances the production of mother's milk, has an analgesic effect during menstruation.
- Colds. Yarrow is highly effective against colds and cough, facilitates breathing, accelerates the separation of sputum.
Agree, the yarrow really has many useful properties. It benefits the body only when properly applied, and only after consulting with a specialist.
Contraindications and harm the yarrow
Contrary to the many beneficial properties of the yarrow there are contraindications. It is allowed to use inside only under the condition of exact compliance with the dosage. Prolonged and intensive use of herbal-based medications causes dizziness and a rash on the skin.
Contraindications yarrow extremely unusual.Before using the medication, be sure to consult an experienced herbalist and a certified doctor.
- The main danger of the weed under consideration lies in its strength. Leaves and flowers are rich in volatile substances and poisons, which, when exceeding the dosage, cause serious harm. Therefore, increasing the dose is not recommended.
- If you decide to try the plant for the first time in practice, do not delay the treatment. The duration of the treatment course is a maximum of 2 weeks.In the absence of problems, the timing can be increased.
- Take a herb-based medication with caution if you have low blood pressure or a tendency to thrombosis. In this case, enlist the support of a physician conducting ongoing monitoring. In pregnancy, the use of field grass for treatment is not worth it.
- It is better to refuse the use of infusions and decoctions from a yarrow at an allergy or individual intolerance. Often the plant becomes the cause of delayed menstruation.
Ideally, the plant should be taken under the supervision of a herbalist, who is able to determine the correct dosage, taking into account the characteristics of the body and existing health problems. It is important that the harvesting of raw materials was carried out in an ecologically clean area, since polluted grass only causes harm.Remember, a medicinal plant is an auxiliary tool, not a substitute for the classic treatment.
The use of yarrow in traditional medicine
Since ancient times, people use yarrow for the treatment of diseases. According to historians, the Romans did not go on a military campaign without this plant.Each military camp was attended by people who sowed the grass so that it was always at hand.
From the point of view of medicine, baskets, leaves and grass stems are considered the most valuable. They are rich in organic acids, tannins, carotene, alkaloids, phytoncides, resins, copper and other substances needed by the human body. I will consider the use of yarrow in traditional medicine, depending on the disease.
- . To restore health make herbal collection. Yarrow and St. John's wort grass, dogrose, calgane root, bean leaves, field horsetail and dill seeds are mixed in equal quantities. Two spoons of the mixture are sent to a thermos, add two glasses of boiling water and leave until morning. After filtration, they drink 0.33 glasses before the meal.
- Women's diseases. From the yarrow make tincture or bath. To prepare the tincture, fill the bottle with flowers, pour it with vodka, insist, filter and use several spoons. For a sit-down bath, 100 g of grass is soaked in cold water overnight, in the morning brought to a boil and added to the bath.
- For liver. Phyllocheons present in the plant contribute to the restoration of the liver and have a complex effect on it. A tablespoon of chopped herbs is poured with a glass of water, brought to a boil and boiled for 5 minutes. After cooling, the liquid is filtered and drunk before meals.
- For intestines. Bring her intestines in order allows herbal tea. 30 grams of yarrow are mixed with 50 grams of chamomile and 50 grams of peppermint. Spoon the mixture poured a glass of boiling water and filtered through a quarter of an hour. Drink a warm cup three times a day.
- Hemorrhoid treatment. When the disease is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent is considered a decoction. Two spoons of herbs pour boiling water and cook for 15 minutes, wait an hour and filter. The liquid is diluted with water and consumed with 0.33 cups in a heated form. Broth is suitable for microclysters. Using a syringe, it is administered in 50 ml.
- For kidney. Ten grams of yarrow are mixed with 10 g of black currant leaves, 10 g of white ashberry, 15 g of burdock root, 15 g of leaves of wild strawberry, 20 g of violet grass, 15 g of birch buds and 30 g of bearberry leaves. Spoon the mixture pour a liter of oxen, cook for an hour, insist 10 minutes and filter.Take 2 spoons once an hour. The tool is effective in jade.
- With cystitis. Yarrow has a strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect on the body. With cystitis decoction simply indispensable. 20 g of chopped herb is poured with a glass of water, boiled for 10 minutes, half an hour infused, filtered and taken three times a day, one spoonful.
- Pancreatitis. The herb is famous for antispasmodic and bactericidal action. It speeds up the outflow of gastric juice and bile. 5 g of chopped grass is poured with a glass of boiling water, wait 15 minutes and filter. Take three times a day without adding sugar after a meal.
- Diarrhea. A decoction of yarrow inflorescences helps with intestinal disorders due to tannins, providing an astringent effect. Two spoons of flowers are poured with two glasses of water, brought to a boil, boiled for 10 minutes, cooled, filtered and consumed.
- From gastritis. For many years, the yarrow has established itself as a formidable weapon against chronic gastritis. For the preparation of therapeutic broth, pour a spoonful of grass with a glass of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, filter and drink a glass in three sets of 0.33 before eating.
- From allergies. Yarrow has antiallergic properties.15 grams of dry grass is poured with a glass of boiling water, boiled for 5 minutes, insisted for half an hour, filtered and consumed before meals with one spoon.
It is hard to believe that just one herb helps to cure many diseases or reduce their manifestations, but this is true.Do not forget to consult a doctor, because each case is individual.
Treatment of diseases of the bones and joints
There are 206 bones and about 200 joints in the human body. Under the influence of age-related changes, infectious diseases and injuries, there are problems with bones and joints, which the yarrow helps to cope with.
- Arthritis. An infusion made from a spoon of grass and a glass of boiling water, which is taken three times a day on a spoon, alleviates the symptoms of the disease. To increase the effectiveness of the infusion combined with warm compresses of vodka mixed with honey in equal proportions.
- Osteochondrosis. A tablespoon of a plant is poured with a cup of boiling water, wrapped in a towel, drawn, filtered and taken three times a day on a spoon. Also helps with neuralgia and rheumatism.
- Gout. Yarrow herb mixed with licorice root, Kuril tea, kidney tea, bay leaf, knotweed grass and bearberry leaves.Two spoons of the composition pour half liter of boiling water, wait until the morning and filter. Accept anti-gout quarter of 0.5 cups 4 times a day.
- Radiculitis. Baths come to the rescue. 250 grams of weed pour 2 liters of water and insist. 200 g of mustard powder is mixed with 400 ml of water, combined with infusion of yarrow and added to the bath. At a water temperature of 37 degrees, the duration of the water treatment is a quarter of an hour.
- Bursitis. The problem is solved by decoctions and infusions. Spoon the yarrow pour a glass of boiling water, wait 2 hours, filtered and drunk half an hour before the meal for a quarter cup 3 per day.
Yarrow is highly effective in the treatment of joints and bones, but remember, completely eradicate the problem and only the traditional medicine allows to get rid of the ailments for good.
Application in cosmetology
The surprising properties of the yarrow are found in the field of cosmetology. Thanks to this grass, every girl is able to make an image well-groomed and beautiful, as it is suitable for compresses, masks and lotions for hair and face.
- Anti-inflammatory mask. 20 grams of fresh inflorescences of yarrow are doused with water, dried and ground in mush, 20 ml of cream, a spoon of honey, yolk, a small spoon of lemon juice are added and mixed. Cover the face with the finished mixture for a quarter of an hour and then wash it off.
- Moisturizing lotion. Spoon weed pour a glass of boiled milk and leave for half an hour. After straining the lotion is applied to the face a couple of times a day. Store the product in a glass container in the refrigerator. Before use, heat slightly.
- . A glass of boiling water pour 30 grams of chopped leaves of yarrow and leave for an hour. Then the product is filtered and applied to the hair an hour before washing.
- Means against hair loss. Prepared according to the previous recipe infusion is applied to the hair, wrap the head, an hour later wash off with shampoo, diluted with the infusion. Ten sessions are enough to make your hair beautiful and shine. Additionally they will stop falling out.
- Medication for acne. To fight with boils and acne washed with infusion. Spoon weed pour a glass of water, boil, cool, filter and apply to the problem area.This remedy is also effective against eczema.
This fragrant herb is suitable for the preparation of various cosmetics. Just remember, yarrow is a powerful medicine, the use of which requires a careful approach.
Yarrow - decorative - planting and care
Decorative yarrow - indescribable beauty. Women engaged in its cultivation, strive to please themselves and surprise their neighbors. If you look closely at the hero of the article, it becomes clear that the plant known since childhood is suitable for decorative window sill decoration. And it all begins with planting seeds and further care for sprouting.
- For a start, prepare a special composition, mixing the substrate with river sand in equal quantities. The resulting mixture is filled with a shallow box, where the seeds are sown to a shallow depth. Soil moistened with a spray, cover with a film and move to a bright place.
- Two weeks later, shoots appear. After the formation of leaves spend picks. Seedlings are planted in separate pots with soil.
- If desired, in early May, young plants are planted on a plot near the house, saving a lump of earth.
Lighting, soil, fertilizer
- Yarrow - light-loving plant, like poinsettia.Therefore, a pot with a flower kept in a lighted place. While in the shade, the perennial plant continues to grow, but one cannot count on full-bloom.
- The yarrow is undemanding to the soil, but only in a nutrient, breathable earth with a mixture of lime, it fully reveals the decorative potential. Pour moderately, not allowing the stagnation of moisture, otherwise the rhizome begins to rot.
- The flower does not need special fertilizers, but I recommend feeding it with mineral fertilizers before flowering, during and after. This is enough to plant threw extraordinarily beautiful flowers.
Reproduction and disease
- Decorative yarrow propagated by seeds, cuttings and dividing the bush. You are familiar with the first technology.
- The second involves placing the cutting in a solution containing a growth stimulator. Rooted harvesting incredibly fast.
- Propagation by dividing the bush is recommended every 3 years in spring or autumn. Remove the flower from the pot, divide it into pieces and arrange it on separate pots.
- With regard to pests and diseases, the ornamental plant in question rarely faces similar problems.On the contrary, it has repellent properties and scares off insects like geranium pelargonium.
I am sure that you will not have problems with growing this ornamental plant. Decorative Yarrow will thank you for your efforts with a pleasant aroma and beautiful flowering.
Paris Jackson left in the middle of the show Dior
Dry fragrant apple jam It doesn’t take long to mess with it
Monkey - a symbol of 2016 do it yourself
Clouder Throw Pillow
What is the wife different from mistress
New couture collection Ulyana Sergeenko: HOT or NOT
Kim Kardashian intrigued fans of the new perfume collection